or Connect

Posts by lineate

I had my tailor take in the elastic bit on each side, rally tightening the trousers up. Feel really nice now. I think you would be hrd pressed to get a fabric match for loops.
They are awful. I have a black wool/cashmere chesterfield from about 2 years ago that is absolutely wonderful. I think it cost all of £100. I went to try and get a camel coloured one of the new season and they are scratchy, rough and generally cheap feeling.It's a shame to see how far Uniqlo has fallen in that time.
I'm thinking that sizing down on the oversized sweatshirt might produce a weird fit. I think you should take your normal size.I'm 6'2" w a 40 inch chest and wear M tops/shirts, 50 jacket and trousers, 32 in jeans, if that helps.
Anyone have the twill drawstring trousers? I thought they might be nice for travelling when you want to be comfy, but not full-slob in sweats.     
  COS often does leather or suede detailing. I have a sweatshirt with a suede panelling. I've never seen fake leather at COS.
I love that grey wool blazer with the hidden fastening. Insta-buy. 
On my 34/50 trousers, the hem is about 17 cm.        Sorry for the cramped shot, but here's the fit on them. Mind you, I've cuffed the hem and am wearing them at my natural waist.     
Also - has anyone been to one of the events at the Serpentine Gallery?   I went to the launch night and found the installation really suited the brand. I went to another event at the same space a few weeks earlier that didn't gel as well. 
  I wouldn't call it lightweight exactly. It's supple, but has a really nice feel. My wife thinks they look like trousers for a tuxedo. It's actually the heaviest fabric out of the few cotton trousers that I own. However, I did wear them through the absurd 30-ish London heat the last few days and was perfectly comfy in them, cuffed at the ankle with a white tee and derbies.    Because of the heat, I had to wash them. I can hook you up with measurements shortly.    djt00 -...
  I bought these yesterday and am wearing them right now. They look wonderful and very "clean" - the leg has a nice taper, the fabric is fine enough for the price and the pockets lay nicely. They look especially nice cuffed up with no socks and some derbies in this London heat.    However, a warning.   The sizing in the waist has been tricky for me. I kept trying between the 32 and 34 and settled on the 34 because the 32 was too tight in the crotch area.   However, after...