or Connect

Posts by lineate

I thought mine would go weak and floppy after the first couple of wears, but I've been wearing it consistently since it was released and still looks pretty good. I've worn it in NYC and London and its definitely rain resistant and quite warm with the line in.  Definitely one to watch for in the "re-release". Word of caution: never wear around animals that shed. Something about the waterproofing on the cotton makes it an absolute bastard to brush the hair off, even with one...
I went to the Uniqlo on Regent Street in London today to return some things and they had a surprising amount of the product left – and not just XS and XL.    They had a good selection of the cotton hooded macs in navy and black, which are really quite awesome for the money. I can vouch from the horrid weather we've been having that the cotton has indeed been waterproofed.    They had a load of shirts (but none of the collarless popovers) and a few cashmere roll...
I got the rain coat with removable hood, the LS t-shirt, and mock neck.   All fits pretty TTS except for the coat.   I had to go small, the medium was huge on me and I am 6'2".   I'm actually pretty impressed with this collaboration. The quality is higher than I expected, higher than the +J stuff when it originally ran.  
 I had looked at the Church's previously online, as they've got a lot of press recently. I thought they were for a slightly older customer, if that makes any sense. Maybe I need to go check them out in the flesh.  Ill go check out some Lanvins. I usually think of them as being shiny / patent leather. Do they come in matte?  That's a good shout as well. I've got to find somewhere in London where I can try them on. 
I've had to accept that CPs are too narrow for my feet.    What's a luxe, minimal trainer for mutant big footed folk like myself?   Vans or Stan Smiths are the most comfortable go-to trainer for me. 
 You're right - and it can look weird.  I have a 2 button overcoat that has a top lapel button, but I've only ever used it on an obscenely cold day where I forgot a scarf.  Please ignore that fact that this is an ugly jacket, but the first and second pics show what a jacket that uses the top lapel button looks like done all the way up: http://oliverspencer.co.uk/lounge-jacket-navy-oskmp16
I tried to do exactly this with a heavy corduroy jacket once. I had, I think, three different tailors tell me it wouldn't work and eventually backed down.Parker's suggestion of the lapel hole button sounds really great though.
You live in London? Don't mess with shops like H&M or topman or Zara. You'll quickly look like a student as the pieces fall apart on you. If you're really trying to thrifty, I feel like you should give Uniqlo another go ... they great for jeans, chinos, and t-shirts, especially if you're slim. You should get the "premium" Pima cotton tees, though, at a whopping £9 a pop rather than the £4 ones in the packets. I have some that are years old and still kept their shape...
COS jeans are known around here as being poor quality.   I've had bad luck with them in past myself – weird cuts, poor stitching, etc – and had previously written them off.    But my mind has been changed, at least with the one pair I've recently started wearing.    I was given a pair of the slim tapered jeans about 2 months ago and only started wearing them last week and think they're great.    They're really simple, but nice details like black coating on the...
Mid-season sale is on, though it's slim picking.