or Connect

Posts by aw82

Are you willing to break up your "Lot of 2" listings for some of the 16x36 shirts?
  I have the aforementioned tweed for fall/winter as well as a cotton chino for summer and casual occasions.  I would like a year-round variant, but I'm turned off by the traditional worsted look for a sport coat.  My preference is for a SC to have texture (real or apparent). But I'm still considering another one for dressier occasions in the warmer months.  I think it makes sense to have at least two, if not three, if you wear them daily and in various seasons.  I'm in...
  Absolutely.  It might not have been obvious, but the lists in my first post relate to wardrobe-building.  I mentioned seeing a lot of blue and navy sport coats in my historic tumblr posts...therefore, (even though a brown SC is an "essential"), I've focused on building my wardrobe around navy sportcoats.  I've also focused on acquiring versatile burgundy ties.    This is only marginally related, but taking this approach with navy sportcoats being the foundation of my...
Great points.  Thanks for the input.   I definitely come back here if I have questions and I have learned a good bit from the board (as well as Ask Andy, PutThisOn, Dappered, and others).  I guess the the void that Tumblr fills (for me anyway) is the visual side...which is important since I'm a very visual person.  Furthermore, I guess I could say that I learned a lot here, but it took several weeks of seeing things on tumblr for everything to really "click."  But...
  http://dtoaw.tumblr.com   I purposefully didn't include it earlier because my purpose with this thread isn't to advertise.  Feel free to view/follow if you'd like, but don't assume my collection of images conveys "proper" menswear technique.     Oh, I definitely include random stuff on there that I like, too (like stuff from http://memoriastoica.tumblr.com/).    To your second thought, I agree...but I think that point in time when one needs to venture farther varies...
Thanks for the thought and i agree with spoo completely!
Completely agree.   I follow you, also, by the way!  I enjoy your posts but don't reblog your stuff very often because my style leans more casual than yours.
I started a tumblr in an effort to focus and improve my personal style from the worst iteration of “business casual” that you can imagine. Before taking this approach, I would see a person on the street or a photo on the internet and see some aspect of their look that I liked, but I had trouble defining what I liked and figuring out how to get something out of it without purely replicating the look. I also sought out every “essential men’s wardrobe” list in existence...
Recently got a pair of beautiful Bitter Chocolate Suede Player's Shoes from Nordstrom Rack for $199.  Can't tell if they're seconds or not, because they seem flawless (save for a scuff on the bottom of one sole).   Problem is that my right foot is smaller than my left and I have a bit of heel slippage (though the rest of the shoe fits very well).  Oh, and the left shoe is nice and snug, so I don't think sizing down would be a good solution.  I'm assuming a tongue pad...
Can someone tell me how the Aberdeen last Tassel Loafers ("Tassel Moccasin") fit?  I've noticed there seems to regularly be a pair or two close to my size on eBay.  I wear an 11D Park Avenue but often size up to an 11.5D for more casual shoes (I just bought a pair of 11.5D suede AE Player's).   Thanks in advance!