or Connect

Posts by PreppyBoy

Quote: Originally Posted by hastur Cuts on jcrew shirts are good as long as you don't have a big chest/thick back. If you do, you won't be able to wear a size small enough to get a "slim" fit as the chest is small and the buttons will pull if you pull your arms/shoulders back. Cheers Mate! My issue is the typical broad shoulders and narrow waist, which is common with gymnast and body builders. A lot of standard fitting shirts I own...
Quote: Originally Posted by Uncontrol Have you considered AE or A&F? Great Idea! Why didn't I think of that! AE and A&F are promoting a lot of flannel whereas I am looking for more pinstripes for casual wear. How are the cuts on J Crew?
Hi. I’m in need of a few shops in New York City that offer slim fitting or athletic build casual buttoned-down shirts. Preferably the fit AE or A&F offers on their shirts. Online shops will not be considered for I must try on the shirts based on my physique. Cheers.
Quote: Originally Posted by uhurit ^^^ It's all a matter of personal preference how to dress and what image to project...more about how you feel about that particular event. The truth is that an average Joe/Jane are usually dressed so poorly, especially on week-ends, that a skilled sales person never qualifies anyone based on how they dress. They recognize it for what it is, and generally know that anyone can buy virtually anything, regardless of...
Quote: Originally Posted by The Snob Hah, I don't mind "hipsters"--used to live in a hipsterry neighbourhood of Chicago. Of course, New York hipsters really take it to a whole other level which is why I've already nixed Williamsburg as a possible future home (also, longer commute). I have a few friends who live there and every time I visit I am just overwhelmed by the tightness of the jeans. Of course, I'm also under the impression that Park Slope is...
Quote: Originally Posted by Pennglock You can't get a decent 2br in the Village for $3,000. I didn't even think you could get into Park Slope at that these days...? Have not followed rents in 3 years, though. I completely overlooked his two bedroom inquiry. Maybe the blokes on the following site can steer him in the right direction. http://www.brooklynian.com/forums/vi...9c5a7d979fd9ec
You can get a better apartment for $1500 in Brooklyn than Manhattan. The area in Manhattan in which you are referring to will cost twice the amount. I was always fond of Brooklyn Heights. Park Slope appears more “hipster” if that is your cup of tea. Brooklyn Heights is more Yuppie. Since your screen name states “The Snob” I just wanted to bring that to your attention. Cheers!
Cheers Mates! It was 62 in Islip yesterday and, 63 today. Hopefully, the weather will warm up by next week. Quote: Originally Posted by Bhowie There is a time and place for this: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=115139 I've been a member since 2004 and still cannot access that section. It seems post count maters more than seniority. I highly doubt I'll have access to that section anytime soon.
I am surprised it is nearly the end of June and, it feels like the beginning of October. Has anyone installed their Air Conditioner yet?
Quote: Originally Posted by LA Guy Atrium relies on the tourist and the customer for whom fashion is not all that important - it must be getting hurt badly. I haven't stopped in the shop in years however, what you stated was not the case 10 years ago.