or Connect

Posts by Jowen

Hey, in your successful quest to be succinct you forgot to mention what was wrong about it...a little help please?  
It looks like this coat was made in Italy by Lardini - Caruso does make some of the BB stuff, but I guess it is typically Golden Fleece. 
Could someone help me ID this tag? Caruso? The tag is attached to a Brooks Brothers Loro Piana Storm System wool overcoat.  
That is a great idea - pretty easy to justify. Thanks for the recommendation on the maker, I will get a picture up on the labels thread. 
I love the print on that tie, gorgeous! I have never found BBBF in a thrift, but I like their OCBDs better than any other brand and they can be found for surprisingly reasonable prices on the Bay - I don't think I have paid more than $40 for one. Not sure why they are so under the radar for the level of quality...
     Thanks for the advice, I nixed the BrooksStorm. Glad to see that it is desirable - maybe consignment is the answer. I have such a hard time photographing dark jackets/suits using natural light only, I should probably use all the lighting advice from this thread and invest in a set up. 
Could I get some advice on this listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271396825165? Completed sales show coats like this selling for double or more, yet this thing has just hung around. I get a bunch of views, but very few watchers.    I am wondering if it is just an odd size or if my listing/photos are just that bad...
My grail item is a Schott Perfecto in my size and I finally found one today - unfortunately it looked like the dude had painted his house wearing the thing and then dragged in behind his bike on a cross county tour  still searching....but it is damn fun to have an item or two that you eternally hope for!    Any other "personal grail quests" out there? I bet if we put our collective efforts to work, we could check a few off the list!    A couple of recent scores...
Awesome, thanks for confirming!