or Connect

Posts by Soquick

Congrats to you too, Joshua! You've made crazy progress! So I picked up two JAB Travelers suits. A little boxy with a little too much shoulder padding but hey, they were $250 a piece. To make myself feel better I also picked up a pair of AE Cliftons! First pair of AE's so I'm pretty excited about them. Thanks for the kind words and advice guys!
So I picked up two suits from JAB, one navy, one charcoal. The salesman was helpful and everything fit pretty well. I figure with the things I can buy that I can wear at any weight (ties, pocket squares, shoes) I can make them look pretty good! Thank you guys for the info. I feel much better now knowing that I have some options! I ended up paying around $500 for the two suits and I feel thats a good amount to spend based on the time I'll wear them. I think buying a few...
Thanks guys! Thank you for your praise, motivation and help. It means a lot to me. I stopped by *cough* Macy's earlier... Depressing. Now on my way to Jos A Bank... I'll get a Navy and Charcoal. I can switch up ties and shirts more easily and with less expense. You guys gave me a good idea! Pick out a suit and use it as an incentive to reach my desired weight. It'll be my gift to myself! Anybody know if JAB has something with lightly padded shoulders? 
I am in the process of both losing weight and beginning a new chapter in my life. I need to begin dressing for a professional workplace. My dilemma is this, I have lost 20 lbs in 3 months and plan on keeping losing another 50-60 over the next 9 months to a year. I am 6' tall 240lbs with measurements as follows: 45" Chest, 56" Overarm, 38" Waist, 41" Outseam, and a 31" Inseam.  I need to buy, at least, a few suits and blazers. I'd prefer not to look like an idiot in a...
I'm a 28 year old politico and soon-to-be law student. I live in Denver, have 2 dogs and a girlfriend of 7 years. I've always been a street wear kind of guy (Crooks & Castles, Play Cloths etc).  I've always been able to dress well when the situation arose but now I need to start dressing for my age and profession. I've been lurking for awhile and completing my due diligence but if there are any must reads besides the standards, please point them out to a noob. I...