or Connect

Posts by HoratioNelson

Both really.   The peculiar thing about bengal stripes (I have only recently beung to notice this) is that the shirts look quite muted from a distance (i.e. this looks very similar to a plain lightish pink shirt from 20 metres or).   But in order to achieve that effect, the stripes have to be a particularly bold colour in their own right, given that they are competing to blend in against white. While this works when when observed from a distance (similar to the effect...
I only have 2 button suits. Tend to wear it buttoned up on the way into and out of work (save for when on the Tube and stretching one arm horizontally/vertically to grab a railing).   When in the office (where not everyone wears a tie these days), it's off 90% of the time but when worn, I often have it deliberately unbuttoned as it seems ever slightly too stiff/formal in that setting when done up.
  Really like the first two! Funny as I've scrolled through the Drake's sale page at least half a dozen times this week (for general inspiration, not to go with this pink shirt in particular) and nothing jumped out. But when you look at the ties on their own they are all great.
Thanks for all the ideas. Navy grenadine, navy with white polka and grey all seem very sensible.   Can't say I'm certain the navy and pink stripes (CT or not CT) are sober enough.
Recently purchased a pink bengal shirt - this is for office wear and not over the top dandy purposes.   Was initially looking for a plain pink poplin, but decided to give this a try and now have a feeling it may not be so appropriate / easy to wear in a sober City law firm.   The tie in the picture seems acceptable (if not slgihtly too loud), but other than navy ties with discrete patterns, I can't see what else works with this shirt and a navy or...
Gt some C&J handgrade seconds last week at 310 then heard about this 80% EG and thought i'd missed a trick. Sounds like this isn't the case. I'm up for these events where there's a real bargain to be had, but if it costs an extra £100 or so to pop down to the shop during sales time and have a 45 minute sitting, chat about the products and their manufacture, then I'd probably do that. Was very tempted to head down today regardless, but it sounds like too much fuss and not...
How much to ship to UK?
Dunhill chassis single zip: http://www.dunhill.co.uk/the-shop/leather/bags-and-luggage/l3j281a/chassis-single-zip-briefcase   Quite rare to find something so so simply and, but at the same time completely unique with the carbon fibre print.
8cm.
Is the purple tie still available? How much for postage to London, UK?