or Connect

Posts by daizawaguy

Barry is the guy to go with. He knows his stuff inside out. I started with the standard widths from him, and somehow found that the F special order (no premium I believe) worked better for me. On this I can say that no matter how you imagine your foot fitting the various sizes, once you get the correct fit, it will be evident - go with his advice. What I found is that although, like you, I was worried about width and heel fit, my foot fell into place much more naturally in...
I used to have a Macquarie, and I had the same size as my craftsman. The only thing is that I did find it a bit narrow, although not excessively so. If I had to buy them again, I would try the G standard width, although most quote the same size and width. As mentioned above, the F craftsman is a special order, and fits me perfectly.
If it helps, I`m a UK 8.5E, Whites 9D and a 9.5F (non standard, order) in RMW. I`m pretty happy with all 3 sizes. What I have found is that the RM Williams G is pretty wide, and the size up but G->F drop in width suits me better. I`m a bit surprised, as many quote the RMW the same size as a UK shoe, but I`m that much different, my UK size is a shoe not a boot, and this could explain some of this. But I`m a pretty comfortable Whites 9D and RMW 9.5F, and have more than one...
These are the Zuriick`s William, by Nicks, 2" I believe - have a look at the Zurich site for more information.
I hear you about the standard block heel, and don't think lowering it will change the feel much, it still strikes quite far back - and for a solid boot like Whites does require more effort to push the boot back and lift the foot in the normal stride. I think the modification you want will give you a great balance. But you cant beat a cuban heel if you like the feel it gives - Ive considered a lowered cuban, but not sure of the balance it gives - that may be a good...
You know, I was thinking of the modification as I saw your boots - and if I did it again, I may even chop a little more off the top.But your idea would make those boots really very nice indeed! Good luck with the modification. Do make sure the shoe repairer has the grinder for the curve - it may be worth asking around first.
Thats a very good plan - I`d nourish with a cream to get into the grains little patterns, and you can finish off with a wax - they can take a good shine, but it usually looks better on the toe area - perhaps the grain is stretched there are smoother. But because of the drains pattern, as the leather creases, the wax becomes waxy, and can do with multiple brushings between wears.
A good question - and the answer may be found if you google  "Buraku" or "Burakumin". Death and anything to do with dead animals is considered unclean. This is most probably only historically true though, although I suspect the stigma lingers, whereas it does not on denim manufacturing etc. which is considered an art, and has a history in indigo and the weaving industry. Old traditions die hard in Japan...
My experience with AS Moore is that they are absolutely beautiful out the box, but one of the few shoes I own that go downhill from there. Firstly the fit is not equivalent to other makers E width, and for me is clearly an F, so its the wrong fit, contrary to what the salesperson says. The leather starts to look dry with wear, and no amount of conditioning gets it back to a good condition. The bottom of my tongue on the inside of the shoe comes out and digs into the top of...
Sorry, but when and where is the sale?