or Connect

Posts by daizawaguy

I have read somewhere that HH does not take to water, or rain, very well, and the tanning process leaves marks that are very difficult to polish out. I have experienced this in dress shoes - my cordovan`s have been messed up my light rain - not sure how this related to HH in Whites though....
I have the checked one. They are thick and well made, but yes run small and short a little, though the tags at the back do not make them too slim fitting fortunately. I`m a 16 inch standard shirt, and the 52 is a perfect fit, but a little too perfect. Not unnecessarily uncomfortable, but you do feel there is not much room. They do tend to get untucked from your trousers. Compared to the Italian made shirt i have, there is a noticeable difference in spare room and length.
Well, each to their own. But thats really setting the standard really low for those bespoke makers. As you may have seen on the Japanese thread, some makers provide you with mock models to get it perfect. I certainly would not be afraid to tell them to rebuild a shoe if it was not up to my expectations. But that would be unheard of in London I guess, but that is also a reflection of the standards too is my opinion. Don't take it personally, its  my opinion on the...
I`d have expected the first pair to be perfect- they are bespoke after all. I wouldn't give them a second chance, either perfect the first time, or a new pair. Thats what the Japanese shoe makers would give you. Shoddy  service I`d say...
Lovely boots - are these available for purchase or made to order?
I`ve had the same issue, and those threads don't stop easily - and what I`m worried about is that there seem to be the same layers underneath, so if the bottom rows start peeing off too - anyone with advice? If it just wore smooth, that would be fine, but it does seem that this could be never ending...
I won't say you can feel it, but it does add bulk to the top. The positive is it creates a seal of sorts, but I would say, yes, it creates an extra bit that will need to be dealt with on the lace up. I`m a cut top guy myself...
Correct, I did mention `certain` areas, but I just wanted to warn of the fact, in case anyone was unaware. I guess `off limits` is a personal decision...
Hakone is now off limits - certain parts of Hakone are now closed due local earthquakes and volcanic activity...
You have to ask why the previous guy is selling them....most probably to fund a purchase of new shoes...why would you want to pay him to do that? I`d save up and buy a new pair for yourself, unless they are incredible value...but all a personal choice really...