or Connect

Posts by daizawaguy

I think he`s seen the modern Lobbs, and wouldn't touch them with a bargepole! Cant blame him. Bet he really wants a Marquess or Murata, but that wouldn't do down well!
A few pairs left of this beauty on the site...and prices still lower after Brexit...        
Although I expressed a few issues earlier, and stand by them, one has to give credit where credit is due, and my Isham`s are a fine pair of shoes - all lacquered up with spit and polish...         The design has to be one of the best esthetically balanced  shoes in history...
So interesting to see top English and Italian and top Japanese bespoke on the same page....the standards are so different they almost cant be compared. And the irony is the prices might be inverted compared to quality - wonder how long that will last? Possibly travel and fittings won't make this converge, but it must be an eye opener and tear drawer to those paying such a large price for a bespoke pair from the finest UK and European makers...   With the utmost due...
Thanks for the feedback. The funny thing is that my Kudu Isham's don't have that problem, and as I say the shoe fits well. I can post pics comparing but to me the fact that the exact same shoe in the same last but different leather produces this must be the leather and not the fit, with all due respect.
Thanks for the comments. It was really after rain, and as I said the uppers were untouched. The same thing happened to my Isham's in Kudu tAhat have never been in rain. And the more puzzling and worrying thing is that these dents occurred from my office chair and not on the pavement. They come from no pressure at all just by placing them on the pedestal of a revolving chair. As I said my Kudu Isham's never worn in the rain are exactly the same. This is really surprising...
Just to confirm, the Kudu uppers are great, and my comments above is on the standard leathers used. the sole is the same obviously. Sorry if there was confusion. Those Kudu`s must go down as one of the most interesting shoes avaliable following the russian reindeer. Believe GG still have a few left for MTO only through them for those interested. 
As this thread includes reviews in the title, I`d like to give a review of my first wear of the Ishams.   The fit is near perfect, and this was already confirmed by my Rosewood Kudu order, and hence my second purchase of the same model. A day in the shoe was absolutely fine, and there was light rain that day. I would no usually take a new shoe out in the rain, but thought it might give the sole a better break-in, and get that first level of finish off more quickly - a...
Iyar- thanks Phisiao-The whole shoe is different of course, and the overall level of finish and materials are different, not just the hides. Is one worth more than the other,mmm, thats very subjective choice, and each should be pleased with their own...enjoy the experience and fine shoes
pics plz!