or Connect

Posts by Ninjahblu

I was afraid of seeing comments like this. I live in the Pacific NW, so it's almost a guarantee I'll experience a random downpour at some point.  Are there any measures I can take to make my walnut calf Daltons a bit more "water resistant"? I was considering putting some Obenauf's LP on the sole, or having a cobbler put a Topy on for some water protection, but the AE site seems to recommend against modifying the sole in any form (they're probably obligated to say so)....
      Thanks everyone! I'm glad I asked.   I'm really excited to wear these! I have a feeling I'll be racking up some more pairs when the next sale comes around. The idea of getting these for my birthday and hopefully keeping the same boots for many more sounds very appealing.   As for care and maintenance, what would recommend for a guy without any products or accessories? I already have a pair of cedar wood shoes, but I'm still a bit foggy about the rest. I'm planning...
I just received a pair of Daltons via Amazon through its 20% off sale and $30 gift card. After walking around the house for a bit, I noticed the dark patch on the upper (shown below):     For those who own walnut calf, is this normal? Or should I have the boot returned?
Sent a PM.
Bought the Weekender when the initial batch came out. Ended up trekking with it extensively through the airport and downtown San Francisco. Despite my initial concerns about the long handle straps, the length were ideal for my shoulders (I'm 5'7 for reference). There were a few times I wondered if hauling it would be easier with long shoulder strap, but it didn't detract from my positive experience with it overall. Took up very little in the overhead compartment to...