or Connect

Posts by logan858

I have a question for any tailors.     I regularly have my dress pants tapered down the leg.  My tailor will typically take most of the fabric in through the outseam seam.  He has stated that he can only do so much before the pressed seam becomes off-center.      I've heard that taking in the legs is typically done primarily through the outseam by other tailors as well.  My question is, why do tailors do this?  why not take it in equally from both inseam and outseam?
it definitely goes, ignore what the idiots on the internet say if they say otherwise.       i'd prefer it with a navy-based suit mind you, or a bright blue linen sportscoat, or something summery and fun, but it goes, and it looks nice.  
 of course she stands out, she's amanda lepore.  kindah hard not to stand out when you're her. imo not creepy, but that's just me.  they're not really comparable since lepore is trans, but...   i can't disagree.
 amanda lepore is a legend good sir.  
i wear cufflinks whenever i can.  i don't go out of my way to buy french cuffs or convertible, but, i do have a few, and whenever i wear them i think the cufflinks look good on them, and typically, i get compliments on them.   so whatever.  throw out every french cuff you own if you want to, i don't see why, but whatever.  
 ooooo gurl.  shots fired.    :) don't entirely disagree btw.  
i have a new question for the tailors here on the balance on pants.     a few pages back one of the members posted some pics, one with the pants having balance issues in the back with extra fabric under the seat:     my question is, how exactly would this be fixed through alterations?  I'm *assuming* the waistband would be taken off and then re-sewn higher up, gradually, from back to front, like so:     so would this be an effective alteration in theory to fix...
i forgot to say, *assuming* that the pulling of the lapels wasn't caused by a balance issue.  
 thx otctailor, you're a credit to this community :)   in relation to both of our posts, the chest can't directly be let out, but i have a question about letting the center back seam of the jacket out.   If the center back seam was let out on the upper back, in between the shoulder blades, would that not allow for extra movement in the front of the jacket?   
Ok, I have a question for any of the tailors out there.   I often see suits that bulge at the lapels, and i've wondered what exactly is causing this.   It seems more common in slim fitting suits, but I can easily find slimmer fits which avoid this, without giving up anything in the fit.   I've also at different times seen it on more generous cuts, and with bigger guys.     Now, obviously this suit fits like garbage, in a couple different areas, but i'm only concerned...