or Connect

Posts by repsakC

For anyone else who might come along onto this thread, I'll post for posterity... Vacillated about getting one of these for the longest time. Found the brand in a shop locally and tried it on, liked it, etc. (I'm pretty small, so it was comparatively a great fit after all the boxier off-the-racks I'd found.. even 36S wasn't fitting in most brands). Didn't end up buying it, but found the same exact suit online for 1/5 of the store price. Figured I might as well try it, and...
  Thank you! Does that imply a high twist cloth will have a certain kind of hand/feel? I'm not familiar with fresco so I can't compare mentally the difference between it and flannel. Would this have any effect on the way it drapes/is there any conventional wisdom about buying pieces with higher vs. lower twist?
Put This On had a sock-related thing a while back and I think at the end of it he recommended Gold Toe? or maybe it's gold.. dammit now i can't remember. Hold on let me find it. Here it is:   http://putthison.com/post/6041221998/we-got-it-for-free-gold-toe-socks-im-somewhat   so it is gold toe after all, hooray memory. Perfect solution for decent socks that won't have you digging for quarters under the couch come lunchtime. I've had 'em, they work pretty nice....
Curious as to what you ultimately decided.. did you try the Mantoni? What was your experience with that?
Hey guys, I've read some SF reviews about Mantoni, mainly in connection with other brands that are sold by the same retailer/eBay-er, and I've had my own experience with Mantoni suits specifically, but I was wondering if anyone else had bought one or a similar brand suit and what they're feedback was on it.   I found a guy in town selling Mantoni stuff and for the price, it's a pretty solid piece of clothing (related SF posts are easily found with a "Mantoni"...
What does it mean when a suit has a "high twist"? I'm running into it while looking at some online stuff whose quality/trustworthiness I can't count on, so it'd be nice to know if that's actually a "thing". Is it the same as saying a high gorge?   Thanks!
Hey, thanks for the thread, this has been a great read before I joined SF. Decided to make it official to ask this question. Unfortunately, these pictures are all I have and there is a bit of backstory: Tried this suit on (these pics are right off the hanger, prior to any adjustments made), liked it better than anything else I'd found in my search, and decided to go for it. After some tailoring by the guy who was selling me the suit, I tried it on again and I'm convinced...
Hey, thanks for the thread, this has been a great read before I joined SF. Decided to make it official to ask this question. Unfortunately, these pictures are all I have and there is a bit of backstory: Tried this suit on (these pics are right off the hanger, prior to any adjustments made), liked it better than anything else I'd found in my search, and decided to go for it. After some tailoring by the guy who was selling me the suit, I tried it on again and I'm convinced...