or Connect

Posts by jshastings

http://www.styleforum.net/t/340046/best-slim-white-dress-shirt-50/30   http://www.styleforum.net/t/94359/white-dress-shirts/15   etc
Also, 2nd on @Seamless 's view that J. Crew isn't such a great option. The lapels are ridiculously slim and construction is only so-so, though definitely better than what you'd find in most low-end department stores (Macy's, Lord and Taylor, etc). 
Seems like this perennial subject never gets answered, perhaps because "best" is subjective.    If OP is looking for good value suits (high quality to price ratio) @Stilig 's suggestions are a good place to start. I would add to it Kent Wang and eHaberdasher's Benjamin line. SuitSupply also has some good options--depends on your taste with regard to styling. Even if a Jort suit from SuSu lasts several years, it may or may not be something you want to wear five years from...
Thanks, @Stilig. That's really helpful. I knew Incotex was a trouser brand--in fact, when my SA said the sports coats were by Incotex, I said, "like the pants?" He seemed pretty convinced, so I'm not sure where he got that information.  I did a little more research going off of what you said and learned that the brand sold in North America is fairly new. From the website of the North American holding company:   So, that solves the mystery I guess. Also explains why my...
Does anyone have any intel on this brand? My SA at Neimans said it was made by incotex, but I haven't seen it much elsewhere. I picked up two sports coats (deeply) on sale at NM; they're soft construction with some nice details. One of them is a really great fresco weave that's been good for the summer. Does anyone know if they make full suits or maybe what brand(s) have the most similar OTR fit? 
Sorry to resurrect an older thread here, but I was wondering if anyone had some experience comparing a few of the more affordable/'high value' makers mentioned here, specifically Ledbury, Kamakura, Kent Wang, and Benjamin from eHaberdasher. Would someone care to weigh in on how these compare? Specifically WRT things like collar height and point-length. 
@round Still have these? 
At my school, pajamas to class were exceedingly rare (I think I only saw it once--during finals). There was a surprisingly consistent uniform: guys wore OCBD's and chinos, girls wore leggings and a blouse or sweater. Not a lot of jeans, as I recall. Nearly everyone had a barbour for when the temperature turned south of 70 degrees (we had a barbour store open my sophomore year very close to campus. Canada goose jackets were a staple when it snowed, though Moncler was...
Also consider Frederique Constant. 
It looks like thick oxford cloth to me, maybe 80's 2-ply.