or Connect

Posts by CaptainApathy

Most ADs will have only one of each model for all but the most popular watches. That is, if you want an untouched copy, one will have to be ordered, so be prepared to wait. Since the AD  doesn't want to be stuck with an extra watch, it's likely you'll be asked for a deposit. If you make it clear that it's straight from the factory or nothing, most ADs will play along. You can always negotiate the price before asking for a fresh watch, but generally there are smaller...
Thank you, Chris. A close-up of the chest is shown below. Would going up an inch in the chest fix the two "ridges" emanating from the second button down from the top?       edit: image corrected
Posted this over at the Tailor's Thread, but no responses (which perhaps I should interpret as the fit is fine?). Recently received my first shirt from Proper Cloth and I'm not sure that the fit is right, but I'm having trouble describing what may need to be corrected.           I suspect the sides may be too trim. Feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Recently received my first shirt from Proper Cloth and I'm not sure that the fit is right, but I'm having trouble describing what may need to be corrected.           I suspect the sides may be too trim. Feedback will be greatly appreciated.    
 Can't help you with the nose pads, but I can offer an alternative that may work depending on the frame. My wife recently received some Nerd Wax and found it works well for her. Her frames are acetate, which seems like an ideal match for it. Not sure how well it would work with pads on metal frames. http://www.nerdwax.com/
Prices on several of the sport coats are now $330, down from their original starting point of $1100. Typically I wear a 40S, but as only regular sizes are available, not sure of the fit. Can anyone comment on just how much shorter these are than a typically BB 40R? Will I be happy with the length?
 It's not just the thickness that you have to consider, but also the overall weight and how the weight is distributed. G-Shocks are typically made of plastic and are relatively light-weight, especially given their size (i.e., a 46mm G-Shock weights less than a 34mm Rolex Air King). Moreover, the G-Shocks carry a lot of their weight closer to the rear of the watch, closer to your wrist. Think of your wrist as being something like a centrifuge. The further the weight is from...
The main complaint I (and most others) have with the Z-33 is its height. It's far too tall to fit under a shirt cuff and even worn casually it's comically thick.   http://www.luxuriousmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/speedmaster-spacemaster-top.jpg  
Wondering if anyone has any experience with the Adventure Jacket. Tough to find reviews or at retailers. Primary use will be as a winter coat in an urban environment where lows don't frequently drop below freezing. Alternative suggestions are also welcomed.   http://www.barbour.com/us/mens-clothing/jackets-coats/lifestyle-mens/adventure-jacket-0  
duplicate post.