or Connect

Posts by CaptainApathy

It's short. I prefer shorter garments, so it's a great fit for me. But I recognize that not everyone wants such a short jacket, especially when one of its primary functions is to keep you dry.   Measured from the top of the shoulder to the bottom, it's about 27 inches. There's a slight tail that gives an extra 1.5 inches in the back.  
I own a size M black align and it fits me very well. I'm 5'8, 165 pounds, 40 inch chest. You could probably do a S, but movement might be somewhat restricted. My dress shirts have 33 inch sleeves. Sleeves on the align are long, but going down a size probably wouldn't help much. You don't want to size up. I think the medium fits me very well overall. Temperature wise, I've wore mine down into the 40's. It's just a shell -- no insulation -- so in colder weather it works best...
 Thanks for the insight. I came up with a midsection of 20 by measuring another shirt that I like, but going back I can see that 1.25 inches may be too much. I may try an increase of an inch even since my current shirts are on the slimmer side and I'm looking for a slightly more relaxed (but still slim) fit. Regarding my height, I'm 5'8 with a short torso, so a 31.5 is completely unwearable when it's not tucked in. I try to buy t-shirts that are 26 inches long -- the...
I'm considering having a few shirts made up that I'd wear on a more casual basis. I'd like to wear them without having to tuck them in, whereas the existing "dress" shirts I wear are always tucked in.   Can I take my normal measurements but (1) increase the midsection from 18.75 to 20 inches and (2) decrease the length from 31.5 to 27? For the midsection, is 20 inches enough? My waist is typically a 31. I'm more concerned about the waist fitting than the length.
Another round of price drops at Kafka.
 Most ADs will have only one of each model for all but the most popular watches. That is, if you want an untouched copy, one will have to be ordered, so be prepared to wait. Since the AD  doesn't want to be stuck with an extra watch, it's likely you'll be asked for a deposit. If you make it clear that it's straight from the factory or nothing, most ADs will play along. You can always negotiate the price before asking for a fresh watch, but generally there are smaller...
Thank you, Chris. A close-up of the chest is shown below. Would going up an inch in the chest fix the two "ridges" emanating from the second button down from the top?       edit: image corrected
Posted this over at the Tailor's Thread, but no responses (which perhaps I should interpret as the fit is fine?). Recently received my first shirt from Proper Cloth and I'm not sure that the fit is right, but I'm having trouble describing what may need to be corrected.           I suspect the sides may be too trim. Feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Recently received my first shirt from Proper Cloth and I'm not sure that the fit is right, but I'm having trouble describing what may need to be corrected.           I suspect the sides may be too trim. Feedback will be greatly appreciated.    
 Can't help you with the nose pads, but I can offer an alternative that may work depending on the frame. My wife recently received some Nerd Wax and found it works well for her. Her frames are acetate, which seems like an ideal match for it. Not sure how well it would work with pads on metal frames. http://www.nerdwax.com/