or Connect

Posts by aphite

I screwed up and used a little neutral polish on my longwing shell cordovan #8s. Now the creases are a powdery white.  Any tips on getting rid of white creases?  
Quote: Originally Posted by aphite  QUICK QUESTION: I'm a J.Crew shopper through and through > I have lots of well fitted chinos and button-downs that I wear with AE brogues/chukkas/Alden boots.  I'm upgrading my wardrobe and am looking for opinions on where to start looking for nicer/cleaner, but still stylish pants and shirts. I'm not crazy about J.Crew's selection on this front, so I'm trying to branch out. I feel confident that I can find good sportcoats and I...
QUICK QUESTION: I'm a J.Crew shopper through and through > I have lots of well fitted chinos and button-downs that I wear with AE brogues/chukkas/Alden boots.  I'm upgrading my wardrobe and am looking for opinions on where to start looking for nicer/cleaner, but still stylish pants and shirts. I'm not crazy about J.Crew's selection on this front, so I'm trying to branch out. I feel confident that I can find good sportcoats and I know shoes well, but I'm at a loss as to...
Thanks all. I'm closing this thread and going back to the drawing board.
This is really great feedback - I only own one other suit, so shopping for them apparently isn't my forte.  I thought I could go with a slimmer cut, but may just need to admit that I can't pull that off.     If I were to dump this suit, what are my best options for off the rack suits for my build?  What's the consensus on SF for JCrew Ludlow?     Unfortunately, I think I'm too close to the wedding to go bespoke at this point.  
Constructive feedback is most appreciated.
Bought this Hugo Boss off the rack for my wedding.  Bloomingdales was having a ridiculous sale so I decided to go OTR vs. bespoke to save some cash/wedding costs.  Generally speaking, it fits well and comfortably, but there are a few things I'm debating whether to get tailored or not. So far the only thing I've had altered is the jacket sleeve length and the pant length.  I have an athletic build, 32/33 waist, but thick rear end and thighs due to years of squats and...