or Connect

Posts by JP Marcellino

I agree, it's the same with custom bag making.  what i found interesting in the article is not the 17k price tag, i can see that with good hand work, but that "men’s wear now outpacing that of women’s according to many in the industry"  this is news to me.
RL is a great NY brand, they have always had me since the 80's with the Polo shirts, even though they don't seem to be popular here on SF.    Someone mentioned they are restructuring, that is interesting and exciting to see what they develop.  I think they are working hard at putting a good and genuine product out.  I had some of their people come down to my shop a few months ago interested in making some of their leather bags in NY.  Not only that but to also get the...
now that's a car. How about the inside, how does that look?
I was just responding when I seen someone else respond to defend the "old" copper rivet / washer.  I'm going by my experience and tests I've conducted not what i read. 1 - copper rivets and washer are about $20 per pound2 - solid brass screw posts about $1 each (these can be permanently set) ive rigorously tested both on my leather cases and the old copper / washer riveta) corrodes and washer part looks dirty, doesn't match with brassb) is not as reliable as the permanent...
 going by just the photo - brass screw studs maybe gold over steel studs (Ive seen and use good ones that look just like brass and stronger) either way its brass or steel connected to that bar underneath.  most likely a screw post that's ideal.  The thick head (not the diameter) leads me to believe it might be a post it could also be an old school solid brass post rivet, like the copper and washer.  I've seen many English makers use this old brass post method.    Those...
NO, to the left of your circle - but I can't believe I'm seeing that copper rivet with a gold / brass snap (not sure what it is, buckle looks brass)  Snap looks well built though. I was looking at this photo.  I don't have it close up and from this angle the under side of that strap, to the Right of the green suede shoulder pad (is that even suede? i think it's synthetic) is what looks like knots sticking out of the holes 
 i can't speak to the first lock, but you can see the brass buckles antique - looks great second lock is solid brass and a very classic lock made from that last English maker I spoke about  - another great bag. you can see no stitching on the straps.  I think makers who don't have experience with these types of bags add the strap stitching, they think it adds more to it, but in my opinion like these classic SAB's less is more. 
Ive seen this come up a few times, let me help out and give you my opinion.    I'm not sure if anyone can say for certain except the maker if it is or is not a fake.  Like all companies, SAB might be going through a transition of different employees and this is what they are putting out, i don't think so, but this might be their bag.  Your best way to authenticate it is to ask them direct.  Anyone can make a stamp so that's not a good way to judge.   And a warning -...
 high quality "beat up" leather has a nice unique endearing characteristic but it goes just so far, especially in the business world, so the balance is on you.  i think the rotation method of high end footwear is the best advice and not the one shoe fits all purpose.  if you want a dress shoe and you want to impress it must be leather, no alternative in serious business (my opinion of course) - the better the leather the more you impressif you want a walking shoe that...
I think the method of rotating good footwear like @patrickBOOTH is probably what most city folk do.  Curious to know what your crappy beater shoes are and look like.