or Connect

Posts by JP Marcellino

thanks.  i did a styleforum drop but it didn't make the final cut.  It's on youtube if anyone wants to check it out  
you asked about the single piece accordion gusset here is a style we just put up with that feature and my signature Marcellino latch in brass The Franklin 2025          
 yes they do, but i appreciate your words.  as it pertains to defining my style, let me be clear for the new comers, i have dozens of different briefcase styles from rustic to traditional English refined briefcases.  I use Sedgewick bridle, which is now owned by Claytons and also Herman Oak and W&C, i prefer the American, i have my reasons if interested.  All are equal in quality.   
 Although i am surprised by your words, i appreciate you saying this. I've never ranted on this or any forum and they come from the passion and protection of the small original things that distinguish us in like you said this old art form. no - i don't think he is trying to pass his case as a Marcellino, never been the point.  "forgery" was used more as slang, meaning as a close resemblance or deep influence, i thought it was understood, What got me was1- his lack of...
here here here - but if my name is invoked i will defend. this was an issue i needed to make public for my customers on a forum i have been on and participate for many years.   It is an issue i have with 1 guy - if his leather friends want to help so be it they have shown this bias before.  @letsi I've been attacked before by these leather guys on this thread / forum and said nothing. It is funny to note when they attack other brands that don't speak like SAB, hermes, etc...
@Dandy Wonka I appreciate that, I didn't want to bring this back up.  i made 1 post direct to 1 member that I think did me injustice.  i showed proof through pictures of my styles and gave clear logic to my argument.    @PCK1 - again, who are you in real life? If you want to disrespect me at least let me know who i am talking too.  I don't play this unknown forum stuff.  You know where to find me, i do trunkshows and artshows all over the city and Long Island, It is hard...
@PCK1before you make a statement like that, you know who i am, who are you? and how do you know how everyone thinks? How do i know you are not another leather guy or friend?  i am simply defending my copied briefcase and brand.   First tell me who i am talking to0 before you attack my reputation.   The other leather guy is now bringing it up and they both attempt to undermine my brand by posting the manufacturer of my lock.  i know this forum enough, so let the pile on...
what do you mean on the tail, the bottom part pf the lock?  i think you are seeing something in the case that i did not intend or don't see and i think that is great.  best left to the individuals imagination.    here is the Teufel briefcase (it's German) i did a few months ago that is in the same family,   I brushed out the edges in this one to give a "smoked" look.  This one is going to be on display all month at the Art League of Long Island if anyone wants to check...
Haha, i should call it devil red because it does bring that out right? but i do like the Longhorn idea.  Either way i wanted it to say power.
in that case here is a new briefcase style.   This is called the Ulysses 2551 it is a single compartment full size briefcase made in red English bridle leather with some modern style cuts to the flap and depth to the buckle hasp.  The buckle is my original T4 super strong, light 7075 aluminum alloy quick release lock that is faced in red bridle leather.  The handle is a fishtail flat internally built out to give it also some depth and a firm...