or Connect

Posts by JP Marcellino

A few years ago?  My attention span starts to fade after 6 months. ha ha, i remember when we were talking about it back then  and i did build a prototype, here are some old photos of it below.  I honestly got no interest from customers, well I shouldn't say none because it was one of the briefcases I had on display in front of the store window during Christmas and someone took it.  To this day I look for it and if i see some hipster on a bike wearing my stolen briefcase, i...
You caught your briefcase in a really nice light.  That blue is almost as difficult to photograph as the red, and if you ask me the overhead lights and the angle catches it perfect,   here's my shot under studio lights and a good cam but yours caught the "blueness" and smooth grain, I'm sure you have that polished nice.  I could tell.  Sometimes when we photograph, i just built the thing, I'm tired and I want to get it out so I don't polish as well as I should to...
np, I've been asked that question before so i assumed it was finished.
Now that is a miracle I don't think I can preform.  The suede lining is not simply just dropped into the case, it is part of the case.  I would need to take it apart almost completely to line it.  It would be easier to just built one from scratch.
this is a good question that i do get asked all the time.  Remember these are my impressions from a maker and as a small business man that uses a briefcase usually wearing jeans and carrying it mainly to meetings.  Different people have different experiences   when i bring out my suede lined briefcase, especially with the lighter colors it draws attention anytime i open the bag, especially with the smell.  Since this is veg tan that smell we all love of real leather...
ha ha, I've had some practice. If you look through some of my oldest pics on this forum you would see some bad photos, especially the hardest ones to take in the workshop.   Your pics actually came out really nice, they represent the London Tan good, its just that the yellow in the office lights was making the tan suede purplish, but this is a good way for people to see that certain colors slightly change under different lights. 
That suede is not as purple as it is coming out so i will include some of my photos I took of the suede under bright white light which brings out the natural brown / tan of the suede.  This new style is called the Kolob 1125 leather briefcase and yes it comes from that Dalton small size.  What can you say about this Italian calf suede, i love it.  I've been doing a lot of it lately.  And i don't mind hiding my logo, just ask, I find some people want it and some don't,...
 I agree, it's the same with custom bag making.  what i found interesting in the article is not the 17k price tag, i can see that with good hand work, but that "men’s wear now outpacing that of women’s according to many in the industry"  this is news to me.
RL is a great NY brand, they have always had me since the 80's with the Polo shirts, even though they don't seem to be popular here on SF.    Someone mentioned they are restructuring, that is interesting and exciting to see what they develop.  I think they are working hard at putting a good and genuine product out.  I had some of their people come down to my shop a few months ago interested in making some of their leather bags in NY.  Not only that but to also get the...
now that's a car. How about the inside, how does that look?