or Connect

Posts by hannibal06

Just finished reading "Blue Ocean Strategy" and "Start With Why". I can see BOS's value for consulting, it delivers nice analytical tools / visualisation aides; apart from that, I found some conclusions too obvious. SWW was a nice quick read which continuously stresses the "WHY" part. Speaking of which, I found the capitalisation annoying after a while.
Quote: Originally Posted by Biggskip Gotta disagree with you there bro'. I found the whole story to be totally fascinating. They take the time to map it all out in full detail so you know exactly how they were able to pull the whole thing off. I love little details such as where they tell you how they went about actually putting up the wire between the two towers. They do the whole thing in a very lighthearted yet mischievous manner that I thought was...
I would post images from her being nude in "The Informers", but that would make it a NSFW thread.. so just google..
Just picked up my HRT Streamer II from customs.. WOW!! It is astonishing. Thank you so much for the recommendation! It was worth going through the trouble of getting it shipped here.. I only have one issue, which probably is not product related but still an issue - when browsing picture heavy websites while listening to music, there are disturbances in sound - do you guys know where they're coming from, or, more importantly, how to get rid of them ? Thanks in...
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan I have not spent enough time with it to have a strong opinion but I generally find the nuforce gear to be on the bright side of thisng, ie. too much treble. Thanks for your comments! I found a dealer who will ship to Europe, so I went ahead and ordered a HRT Streamer II. I will keep you guys posted! I find it interesting, that it found a lot of praise but is quite unknown in European circles.. The...
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan Can't you just mail order from the States? http://www.themusic.com/detail.cfm?id=9009228 Unfortunately, they only ship to North America. I could manage to get it via friends of mine who live there though as a last resort. I reckon you are very experienced in the field of hi-fi - what is your opinion on the nuForce Icon µDAC? I like the look and the functionality as well..
Quote: Originally Posted by A Y If you don't care too much about sound right now, why not just hook up your computer to your receiver with a 1/8-inch to RCA stereo able? --Andre That's what I'm doing right now. I was interested whether there is a way (in a reasonable price range) to meet my expectations of better quality (connected to the Denon) and portability (listening with my headphones plugged into it)
Thanks for the quick response! I don't think the HRT will be easily obtainable where I live - in Old Europe, Germany to be specific. However Amazon Germany delivers the NuForce Icon, or, as I heard being suggested more than once is the Cakewalk UA-1G. I don't like the design of the cakewalk too much though and I need the interface just to listen to music.. However, if the sound quality will be that much better I would make amends regarding design.. Kind regards from...
Hello, I am looking for an external USB Sound Device to use with my Thinkpad. I would use it mostly to connect the Thinkpad to my Denon Amp, but am considering to get one, where I can directly plug in my Sennheiser HD595. What I am looking for is someone nice looking (not so important) and in the price range up to around 150$.. I know it won't be hi-fi, but since I am in college, hi-fi can wait until I am in a job Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
You could wait until one of the new Mercedes S 250 CDI is for sale as a used car..