or Connect

Posts by omgmarclol

Or just make your own.  Here's a recipe I have for bourbon cocktail cherries.   1 lb Cherries (pitted) Juice from 1/2 lemon one or two sticks cinnamon clove (optional) a couple of dashes of vanilla extract 1 to 1 1/2 cup sugar 2 cups good bourbon (a wheated bourbon works pretty well here, your pick) Combine your bourbon and sugar on the stove. add the cinnamon, lemon juice, vanilla and clove (if you're using clove). Mix over med heat/bring to a VERY brief boil...
my little slice of heaven weller 12yr, booker's, evan williams 1B '03, buff trace, angel's envy   old weller antique, 4 Roses 1B general release, 4 Roses private selection 1B barrel strength OBSK, ancient ancient age 10yr, old grand dad 114   4Roses small batch limited ed '11, 4Roses small batch limited ed '12, jefferson's presidential select 18 year   balcones single malt, balcones brimstone, rittenhouse rye BIB, high west campfire, corsair...
yes, when do you exactly do you become an active member.  one can't really participate in discussion when posts take 9+ hours to be approved.
old rip van winkle distillery used to have spring and fall shipments of their line.  this year there will only be a fall shipment, which according to the distillery, will make product more readily available.  we'll seee..   as for finding a bottle, you'll be over paying when and if you find any of the PVW line.   if you're looking for similar wheated bourbons that are just as good, look at w.l. weller 12 year.  like i stated in my post, it holds up to the van...
my very bourbon-centric bar.  (i'm a bit of a bourbon snob/collector)   the regular/every day pours- w.l. weller 12 year- as far as wheated bourbons go, this holds up to pretty much everybody's favorite (PVW) except for 20 and 23 year PVW angel's envy booker's  4 roses single barrel- general release col. e.h. taylor barrel strength elmer t lee elijah craig 12 buffalo trace evan williams single barrel '03   the good stuffs- 4 roses...
i'll have to second...third...reiterate...i suppose, the whole having to wait for approval to post as a new user.  it's very hard to become part of the community let alone  a discussion as a member new to the site.  sometimes it takes almost a day, even longer at times, to post only to have your contribution lost.
it's a shame it's next to impossible to find any of the van winkle line in the wild.  15 year is arguably the best in the line IMO.  i was fortunate enough to have been able to pick up 2 bottles of 15yr last year.
i think that's what makes AE interesting.  it's not a traditional bourbon, it's bourbon for non bourbon drinkers. my girlfriend called it a "girl's" bourbon which i think could be a very true statement.  it's light and fruity, and while not bold or rye heavy, it tastes interesting and is very approachable, but i don't think it lacks a depth of flavor at all,  it works a different part of your palate as far the usual bourbons go.  it's too bad the cask strength version...
  angel's envy is interesting, in a good way.  it's a mellow bourbon and very sip-able.  you get the port flavor right away in the nose and in the palate. it really brings out the vanilla, maple and dried fruits.   the limited edition small batch four roses are great if you can find them.  they're recently becoming ghost bottles in the same way as the van winkle line and the buffalo trace antique line.  i picked up 2 bottles of the 2012 since it was so good.  the limited...
my modest home bar. very bourbon-centric with a few excellent bottles (i'm a bourbon snob)             pictured:   Bourbon- 4 roses limited edition small batch 2012 (won pretty much every american whiskey award last year) 4 roses limited edition small batch 2011 Booker's angel's envy W.L. Weller 12 year (this and the Elijah Craig 12 are arguable the best budget bourbon/everyday pours you can buy) Elijah Craig 12 year knob creek...