or Connect

Posts by axlpendergast

don't know much about the company but there's my initial thought... Zimmer wanted to take MW private via a leveraged buyout, a risky transaction even in the best of times. given the current economic situation, and the fact that their balance sheet is fairly debt free, it's not hard to see why the board wouldn't want to approve the transaction. also, what's the rationale for keeping K&G? serves the same customers, with relatively similar products, at comparable price...
the 40 interviews should've gave you an answer for Wall St. jobs without b school. also $80k all in or just base?, sr FA in what type of company (F100, 200, 300, mid-market)? i would assume the next jump would be a managerial role that should push you close to, or over, 100k? you're close enough to that target where attending b-school (top 15 notwithstanding) may actually be a draw back if you consider tuition as part of the total cost. if it's cause you're really...
about to graduate from b-school, been looking for corporate finance and decided to chance an interview from a pretty small (boutique if you want to be nice) firm for a strategy position. i ended up with an offer and probably will accept. any of you ex McK-ers have any advice in regards to what typical rookie mistakes MBAs make when they first jump into consulting?
i've had mine for about 2 years now. i believe this was their earliest version: made in Mexico, large, light tobacco brown and suede lining. i took a look at the new slim briefcase and the difference in the finishing touches is extremely evident. it would appear moving their production to the States really refined their product. i carried it daily for an entire semester during college but then switched back to a regular back pack. i'm 5'11" @ 188 lbs but carrying a...
doesn't look much better than the pregnant guy from the earlier picture. both guys look like they bought their jackets a size too small Quote: Originally Posted by sq4you from WAYWT. just examples ...
hey flambeur...maybe try to shoot for a consulting firm (IDEO) that focuses on creative solutions? judging from your other posts you seem to have pretty solid work experience.
who's the other SAE here besides me? *edit: nvm. figured it out. man i'm a moron.*
yes, like what?
i'm gonna disagree. a 3.14 GPA on a PoliSci degree isn't very likely to land you in top 15 law now, or in the future, even if you scrounge up a 170 on the LSAT. you'll definitely want to get in at least top 15 otherwise you'll face a repeat of what you're going through now. i think your best bet is to grab a second bachelors in bus/fin/accounting seeing as how you got your basic requirements done already. yeah you will rack up more debt but at least you'll be better...
i'd hit Christina Hendricks so hard that if you pulled me out, you'd be crowned king of England. i'd happily introduce her to my friends next morning too. still any doctor would recommend her to drop 10-15 lbs when she's past 40 for health reasons. ie. at risk for hypertension, coronary disease etc Oprah spent half her life bitching about how "real" women should look, she was 5'6" and 200+ lbs...that sound right to anybody? fuck no. that's the lamest excuse any fatty can...