or Connect

Posts by burnso

I am not very keen on this Luxire, as I don't get charged duty.The 'free delivery on order over $100' is quite a huge draw for me, and actually encourages me to get more than one item/ or spend more than $100; meaning 2 shirts for $140 (or a better quality fabric on one shirt) rather than one shirt and delivery for $110 etc etc
 Exactly, but also for a windy winter day, and even one with light rain (100% wool), you'd be able to leave Mac at home but be warm...
 Ha yeah I was worried Id be too cold.TBH I think you'll be fine, and get good wear out of it here (I do run quite warm, and walk a fair bit). Was seriously considering the 24oz unlined (like how the original skyfall coats are made) for Melb, but would often wear a t-shirt underneath so wanted lined. 
I highly recommend Luxires Navy 14oz 100% wool for a peacoat. Not only that, my new 'skyfall' peacoat is easily my favourite garment with the fabric, workmanship and design combined.   http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/luxire-custom-clothing-official-affiliate-thread/7980#post_6930905   I have it lined with bemberg, so for me it is perfect for Melbourne's oceanic climate, with average lows 6C/ 42F. Its windy here also, and combined with previous experience in NY at...
 Are you guys adding text on the parcel/ customs sticker such as 'sample only, for copying', or something to that effect?Maybe Ive just been lucky, but Ive added something like that on both parcels without issues...
A week maximum on 2 occasions, from post to Luxire receipt.
 I need several pairs of 'dressy' chinos, can you/ anybody help with what options I should be looking at/ specifying? - I already have several perfectly fitting casual cotton chinos- Would you use your suit/ business/ woolen pants for the sizing (and style for that matter), or just any nicely fitting chino/pant?- Would I need to specify a crease? Appreciate any ideas
Luxire Peacoat is in.  It came out exactly as I had hoped. I sent in a well fitting jacket to replicate and it was done perfectly. Usual Luxire workmanship. I live in Melbourne, mean minimum temps of 6 Deg C/ 42 Fahren, so with trepidation I ordered the 14oz navy, bemberg lined and I am very happy. Its very heavy and warm. Ill put up a few crappy pictures, they are the best I can do, so better than nothing.  [[SPOILER]]  Few points Ive noted: - could have adjusted slightly...
No under shirt here, because I would cook, and don't care about sweat marks throughout day.      But, an old dog imparted some shirt care wisdom which I have found invaluable:   - end of each day put shirt in bucket of cold water until wash day (prevent stains)   - hand wash shirt when travelling, stuck overnight or don't trust that dodgy looking washer (blood-temp warm water, no soap, hand wash and squeeze/ slosh lightly for a few minutes, roll-dry in towel, air...
I remembered Luxire posting these, so here you go ;) http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/luxire-custom-clothing-official-affiliate-thread/6360#post_6757476 http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/luxire-custom-clothing-official-affiliate-thread/7200#post_6849386