or Connect

Posts by PHV

Quote: One of the best TV series ever.  Ian Richardson said that he based his portrayel on Shakespeare's Richard III. A very apt comparrison.
Quote: Chopin Why do both of you prefer Chopin? I also wonder, GG, Belvedere and Chopin all share remarkably similar packaging.... I wonder if they are at all connected.
Quote: I agree with PHV (..) about the voice; it did seem pretty forced. I wonder who they'll get to play Joker (assuming he's in the next one). It will be hard to top Jack Nicholson. It makes no sense... in the very first batman that I saw when I was like 12, the joker was present at the slaying of his parents, and said that rediculous little riddle about dancing with a devil. All there was in Batman Begins was some schizoid weirdo robbing his...
Quote: Tanqueray Sterling. Call me a vodka philistine but the superpremium vodkas just taste like marketing to me. Well, people whine about Grey Goose being a whole lot of marketing... big deal..... it's like $35. Smirnoff, which I firmly do believe (along with other brands like Stoli) is much more coarse, if not more "authentic" vodka.
What's your favourite vodka? I haven't tried Chopin or Vox yet. I prefer GG and Belvedere because they complement mixed drinks quite well, and I find their presence sweet and not overpowering. K1 I despise... it has an unbelieveably dinstinct flavour that takes over whatever you are doing.
Quote: Let's see... If I'm in a classic sort of mood I like a Rob Roy (Scotch, sweet vermouth, bitters) in the winter, and maybe a vodka martini in the summer.   Most of the time in the summer though it's a mandarin Cosmopolitan.  In the winter the fun drinks are the Girl Scout "Martini" (vodka, clearcreme de cacao, clear creme de menthe), or a Bardto (vodka, chambord, cranberry juice, champagne and a ring of sugar around the rim). My only pet peeve is...
Quote: I know this may seem like a stupid topic, but I just cannot drink Beer. This has often lead to problems is social situations, as there are a often places which serve nothing but Beer, a collection of undrinkable sweet vile wines, or pre mixed 'Alco pops' vis Smirnoff Ice. Somehow I find the taste of beer similar to drain water.. I've tried having several whiskies before leaving the house, to try to mask the taste of the Beer, it doesn't work. Even...
Quote: This is the only picture I have of the 456 sedan, taken in the Sultan's garage.   The one you are talking about may have been somee kind of aftermarket conversion...  There has never been a production Ferrari sedan. That looked A LOT like it... just in a dark blue...
Been watching the British political thriller/drama House of Cards (well the whole triology actually). Everyone wears french cuffs, and their cuffs protrude at least 3/4 of an inch from their jacket sleeves. I rather like the look. Any insight into who made the clothes? Given the socio economic status portrayed in the series, I'd imagine it would be someone on the Row.
Quote: The Sultan of Brunei had a few sedans made specifically for him that were based on the 456, but to my knowledge none have ever left the country.   He also had a number of 4-door 456 wagons custom-built, and some of those have left the country... Are you sure it wasn't a Maserati you are thinking of?  That would be much more likely. Positive it was a Farrari... The salesman pitched my dad on it, but my dad doesn't like to feel like he's...