or Connect

Posts by aehernandez

Offered here is a lovely wool Oxxford Suit, sized 38R in excellent condition. Steel blue, with fine gray stripes. Got a deal so only asking $150 $125 $100 shipped CONUS. Custom jacket has many of the bespoke touches prized by fans of Oxxford's line: soft shoulders with characteristic hand-stitching, high armholes, great lapel roll and natural drape. Modeled on their "Cummings" silhouette (see tag), which was their less boxy cut. The wool is on the heavier side and would...
Thanks--here're other pics, as requested. Shoulder looks soft-ish, but that would be surprising based on my experience with E Zegna. Collar tag says "Made in Italy"...      
  Hi all,   Seriously contemplating buying an EZegna sport coat on ebay but wondering if I should expect heavily padded shoulders (my understanding of their Roma line, vs. say, Milano). I can't seem to figure out how to read the particularities of the style based on this tag, but maybe one of you has an idea. Any help appreciated, and bonus points for word or two about the quality of the material...   Thanks.
Two beautiful J. Press tweed sport coats for sale, tagged 40R, perfect for a fall wardrobe refresh in Trad / Ivy style. "Presstige" model, 3/2 sack with a simply beautiful lapel roll and suede elbow patches. Both in excellent condition, with exceptionally soft "Donegal Mist" tweed made up of Cashmere, Mohair and Wool.   $65 each or $120 for both. Price includes CONUS shipping. Shipping elsewhere negotiable. See photos for details or PM for more info.    One is a soft...
Two beautiful J. Press tweed sport coats for sale, tagged 40R, perfect for a fall wardrobe refresh in Trad / Ivy style. "Presstige" model, 3/2 sack with a simply beautiful lapel roll and suede elbow patches. Both in excellent condition, with exceptionally soft "Donegal Mist" tweed made up of Cashmere, Mohair and Wool.   One is a soft blend of green and brown, with touches of blue. Measurements: shoulders 18", chest 21.5", sleeves 23 1/4" with some material to let out,...
SOLD Selling a gorgeous pair of walnut colored, size 10C "Hillcrest" dress shoes from Allen Edmonds (model 5954).  Details:- Bicycle toe, 4 eyelet lace-up Oxfords. Excellent condition. - Solid leather uppers with some minor scuffs, normal wrinkling, and what appears to be some faded spotting on the inside right shoe (see detailed picture for more). Conditioned and polished them with walnut colored Allen Edmonds brand polish.- 360* Goodyear Welting is strong and the double...
Seriously thinking of this. I live about 45 mins away, so I'd like to have a clear sense before I head out (thinking about going tonight to take advantage of their sale). But yeah, this might be unavoidable...   Love to know though, if anyone's made the sort of jump between retailers and had any luck moving from the "Aldridge" suiting to an equivalent.
Hi all,   Just a quick question, that may or may not have a simple answer. I have a couple of "Aldridge fit" sportcoats from JCrew that I like and use regularly. Would be great if the lapels were bigger, but in general--and at their price point--their styling is just fine for most of what I need. Now I'm looking for a suit and I'd like to make a small leap up to Brooks Brothers. My question is: what fit (Fitz, Regent, etc.) is closest to JCrew's "Aldridge"...