or Connect

Posts by papa kot

Thread in one. As a person who struggles with finding comfortable shoes, I second this opinion. Ever wear casual shoes and adjust your wardrobe accordingly or go bespoke. 
Sorry. No.
Subscribed. For me, this is a dressy as I can possibly get away with on a daily basis because I work in high-tech.
 Sometimes it is okay to tell relatives not to give you any shirts of clothing articles. This solves at least a half of the problem. The first shirt fits like crap, but average joes won't notice it. But why would you wear something that does not fit you? Go to a store, get measured and see if they can find shirts that fit. You're lucky because today it is all about skinny and slim, so you may not have a hard time finding something off the rack. If you got a coin, go made...
 +1 buzzillion I get it. Folks need to help customers, sell and get paid. But what goes on there is annoying as fuck. There are a few stores with a driving distance from where I live and all of the locations are infested by the sales folks who have hard time accepting the fact that perhaps, just perhaps, a person wants to look around.
 You probably bought a wrong size. Until I found this forum, I used to get the crappiest shoes from the cheapest places I could find. Thus, I could never wear those shoes for more than a few hours. After learning to try on shoes based on fit (as opposed to using the size as the main gauge) I have changed my perspective. The sole (I prefer crepe) with a suitable amount of free room make my chukkas and Indy boots as comfortable as Converse. The sad thing is that it took me a...
Have you tried to succeed academically in this class? If the answer is yes, then nothing else matters.
I recommend a nice gun while you're at it :-0
 Alden can make any shoe you want, provided that you order through a retailer.  Typical choices include leather, commando or plantation crepe sole. Commando sole is a bit utilitarian and if you want to get something dressy but comfortable, go with a plantation crepe. Example:  This sole is a standard for Alden walker shoes, but if you go through Leather Soul or Leffot, they may be able to create a custom order for you.
Sad, but the world is becoming the same everywhere. When I travel for business, I am pretty much exposed to the same contingent of people decorated with the same luxury brands. Burberry scarves, LV bags,  Rolex watches. It is almost like people are taken to school when they reach a certain amount of disposable income. After a quick crash course on what is hot they get decorated to the same boring standard. Meh :-(