or Connect

Posts by papa kot

Just wanted to say thank you to the vendor. The life expectancy of my wardrobe has increased once I replaced whatever sh*t I collected over the years with proper garment accessories and care products!
What's options does Carmina offer for re-crafting?
There are a few shops. I am not affiliated with any of them.- The Hound (San Francisco)- The Alden Store (San Francisco)- Unionmade Goods (San Francisco), mostly street wear- Sam Malouf (Burlingame)- Brogue (Menlo Park)- Khakis of Carmel (Carmel by the Sea)- Robert Talbott (Carmel by the Sea)You also have flagship stores for the major brands and a few tailors in the city.As a transplant from New England, I find that Bay Area is extremely casual and it takes some time to...
Well said. There are much better places in the Bay Area...
Commando sole is good for NE winters :-)
I have Indies in CXL in the same size and they are not for sale. Lesson learned CXL breaks in better than Cordovan at least on my feet. I got AF 43 in Cordovan thinking "same last, same size, so they will fit." That was wrong.
Hey man, are you pulling my leg? I just got your Chelsea boots in museum calf :-) Btw, how do I add my classifieds to the signature? In terms of sizing, it seems that Rain last in 10EEE may fit people in who wear Barrie 10E, Truebalance 10.5E, Barrie 10EEE. This really depends on the shoe type and the foot volume.
All sizes as labeled on the shoes:   Alden Indy Boots in CXL, Truebalance last: 10.5E Alden Chukka, Barrie last: 10EEE Alden Longwings, Barrie last: 10E Carmina Chelsea Boots, Rain Last: 10EEE   My foot has a lot of volume, so that's why I have to go up in size in Alden chukkas. Laced shoes are easier. With Carmina Rain Last I had to do EEE and the boots are a bit tight across the instep out of the box. Hope they'll stretch with some wear!
I have listed my Aldens AF43. Gotta fund those new Carminas :-)
If you want a great pair of working cordovan boots, then this is it! I wore them for about 50 times and the fit is just not perfect for me. They can use a good polish and please note a 1/8" deep scuff in one of the pictures. It is too small to notice, but I know it is there. It is either a scuff or a small rip in the upper leather piece. A buyer will get: 1. The boots 2. The shoe bags show some wear I accept PayPal only with verified accounts. Thank you for looking! --v