or Connect

Posts by Olifter

I know, aside from which color, another reason i'm hesitating is I'm not sure I'd wear them that much. I wear a suit almost every day, and I have #8 and cigar LWB for sport coat days. But, I do like them. I'd have to wear them with a suit.
I agree with this. I have the Fifth Street and use it solely with suits. I am likely going to buy a pair of Daltons (debating on the color), but I will wear them with suits and blazers. I know many wear Daltons with jeans, etc., but they seem to be dressy enough for suits. The Portlands meets your described needs best.
What do you guys think happened to these? They wouldn't come from the factory like that. Looks like he tried to make them into bourbon or add burnishing. Ruined a nice walnut wingtip. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALLEN-EDMONDS-INDEPENDENCE-COLLECTION-JEFFERSON-WALNUT-WINGTIP-10-E-WIDE-445-/360751624321?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item53fe78f081
I have the brown Strand. Very nice shoe and I really like that color.
Maybe I am not stating it properly, but it's a lighter colored sole often seen on cigar and #8 LWBs and boots. I believe I saw it referred to as an "antique" edge, but I could be mistaken. It would be a similar sole to what is on the walnut Strands.
Not really, I have black. I would get brown, but I just bought the dark brown Strands. I would consider a pair in merlot, maybe with an antique edge.
I like it. They have only 11, 11.5 and 12 though.
Are you referring to where the laces part of the quarter is sown to the vamp?I'm thinking about them, but I like my #8 and cigar LWBs so much I'll probably hold out for a whiskey or ravello LWB. I suppose it may be a long wait.......
Agree with above, definitely too casual for a suit. I'd wear them with a sport coat, navy, herringbone, tweed, with and without a tie.
Are these some sort of special make up? They are part short wing and part long wing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALDEN-MENS-WING-TIP-BLUCHER-SHOES-3131-TOBACCO-9-5-B-D-533-/360728869799?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item53fd1dbba7