or Connect

Posts by Olifter

I don't know for sure, but those look as though the laces are not pulled tight. If they are, you would likely need to size up for the width. The 5 last is a little tricky, I'm a D width except in the 5 last, in which I go up to an E. Regardless, if those are the correct size, then the bowing is a defect, IMO.
I go up in width for the five last, 10D in Sheltons, 10E in Strands. Many go down a 1/2 size in length in the five last.
You certainly are off to a good start. In the interest of full disclosure, burgundy/Merlot is my favorite color. I would go for the Strand in Merlot, and especially the Leeds. Burgundy is a very versatile color, goes with about anything. Regardless, it's a good mix of styles.
I'm not sure that follows. The leather "skin" your shoes are made with is dead. I'm not so sure the chemicals in the above mentioned products are harmful to your skin. However, your skin in alive and permeable. One might not want those chemicals working their way into your bloodstream, and therefore, your kidneys, liver, glandular tissues, etc.
I have the walnut Manistee and it goes well with my walnut Strands. Ended up buying three more, burnished brown, burnished merlot and black.
I ordered a web gem Strand and my American Express was charged immediately. I received the statement, and paid it, about four weeks before the shoes were shipped.
Re: the staff, I agree. The guys in the St. Louis store are very knowledgable and helpful.
Definitely burgundy shell, maybe a little darker than most. Very nice.
Welcome. I experimented with a brown pair of J&M perforated cap toes, the Aldrich II, I believe. They aren't a favorite shoe and were a lighter brown which I wanted to darken. I polished them with a dark brown polish which did not get them dark enough. So, I used a black polish, topped that with a black wax. While I was happy with the way they turned out, I don't wear them very often, instead favoring the burnished brown Strand and an Alden cigar LWB when I want a...