or Connect

Posts by Olifter

Maybe, depending on what you have going on in any particular day. I wear mine with gray and charcoal suits, occasionally navy. I usually favor burgundy or dark brown, and pretty much go with walnut or black as a change of pace.
I also find the Barrie last very comfortable in 9.5 D. The 5 last is comfortable (not as much as the Barrie but certainly acceptable) in 10 E. I know everyone is different, but try a 10 E.
I go up one width on the 5 last. It seems most do, at least, some go up two. Try an E and/or EE.
I would give it a shot myself. I did it once with an older pair of brown J&M Aldrich, using dark brown and black shoe cream. I rarely wear them so I thought I'd experiment. They turned out pretty well.
Agreed, but I'm not married to either one. I have three Strands, I'm just not sure how the Carlyle would fit in comparison. I need to get around to going to the local store. I suppose it will come down to the fit.
I have 5 last AEs, how does the PA fit compared to the Carlyle?
Just an FYI, JAB has 25% off AE shoes, includes Park Avenue, 5th Street, McClain and Larchmont. They ship from Wisconsin, so it's 10-15 days for delivery. I've been thinking about a dark brown Carlyle, but may go for a PA instead.
I have the Manistee in both Merlot/burgundy and walnut, very happy with them. I wear them with suits. I'd get a solid black one for the PAs.
I don't know for sure, but those look as though the laces are not pulled tight. If they are, you would likely need to size up for the width. The 5 last is a little tricky, I'm a D width except in the 5 last, in which I go up to an E. Regardless, if those are the correct size, then the bowing is a defect, IMO.
I go up in width for the five last, 10D in Sheltons, 10E in Strands. Many go down a 1/2 size in length in the five last.