or Connect

Posts by kentpope

OOOOOOOOOH CELEBS
 I wear a 34 in the regular Bedale which I've found is more or less equivalent to the small in a SL version. Might be a slight difference as I've never tried them on side by side though. Hope that helps.
 Sounds great, but it looks like everything on the Crane's site is full price.
  I have the "rest of the world" SL that I purchased from Stuarts London. It's a size 36. I wear a small in pretty much every other Jacket (Ashby, Commander) so I'd say it's true to size. I tried one of the Barbour Polarquilt liners from J. Crew in a size small and it was a tad too big for the SL. It zipped in fine but didn't quite feel right so I returned it. In a pinch you could make it work though.
  To each his own. Not everyone wants to wait what could be months just to get $30-50 off.
 I would not do this. First of all, misting it with a sprayer bottle isn't really a good approximation of what rainfall is. So you may end up with weird looking marks. Secondly, water alone isn't going to do much as far as making it look vintage. The actual wearing of the jacket, in combination with the moisture, is what gives it the "wear and tear" you're looking for. Even if you do mist it, it's just not practical to wear a Barbour in the Southern California heat this...
 You can find them lower but unless you get lucky, you might have to wait awhile. 20% off is generally a good deal as they're not typically discounted all that much.
 Not sure, really. I bought my SL Bedale from an online shop in London but wasn't aware of any difference between those and a "Made for Japan" line. I tried a regular liner with mine and it was workable to some extent but it didn't really fit all that well.
  Yes, that's correct. Barbour makes liners specifically for the SL Bedale but they're pretty hard to come by in my experience. Cultizm has them but they're inordinately expensive IMO: http://www.cultizm.com/index.php?cat=c160_Barbour-Japanese-SL.html
 Yeah, the small duffel is what I use for shorter (and oftentimes longer) trips. It's perfect for a weekender bag.