or Connect

Posts by skinny

I think with black shoes, you can pick a lot more. With brown shoes and a white shirt, it's not so easy.
Yes, and this is why I was asking. He also goes on to say that, "White shirts nearly always demand black shoes."   So in my case, with brown belt/shoes and not black per Manton, I'm trying to figure out the best tie color. Would dark brown work? I don't think any color goes with brown shoes. With black yes, but more limited with brown.
Dark Navy suit, white shirt, dark brown belt and shoes. What color(s) tie works best?   This seems to break the rule of navy suit/white shirt and BLACK shoes.
Dark Navy suit, white shirt, dark brown belt and shoes. What color(s) tie works best?
I have tried both and personally find that the BMs look more stylish and modern, while the AEs more traditional. The build quality seems better on the AEs, and probably is. So it comes down to what you want. No sense in getting a shoe you don't like as much just because the build quality is better IMHO. So get the shoe you like most, and don't fret too much over build quality. Neither shoe will "fall apart". This is styleforum, no?
Trying to decide what color wingtip to get for dressing up my various jeans (all blue from dark to med-light) and can't decide which color will work best with the various denim AND shirts/jackets. Any advice and recommendations? Looking at the below for example, which color do you think is the most versatile? Black, merlot, or walnut? http://www.zappos.com/allen-edmonds-mcallister
Trying to decide what color wingtip to get for dressing up my various jeans (all blue from dark to med-light) and can't decide which color will work best with the various denim AND shirts/jackets. Any advice and recommendations? Looking at the below for example, which color do you think is the most versatile? Black, merlot, or walnut?   http://www.zappos.com/allen-edmonds-mcallister
Looking to get some new wingtips for dressing  up my jeans - all different shades of blue from dark to medium light. I'm trying to find a color that will work best with all the denim and tops/blazers, and am stuck! Some input would help. I don't have a particular shoe in mind, but if you look at this link, I'm leaning towards the first shoe color - the lighter/"orange" brown that goes by many names :) But would a burgundy or bordeaux color work better with various denim...
Speaking of jeans, I'm trying to find some nice wingtips to go with my jeans. I have very narrow feet to go along with my skinny body...a size 10 and very narrow. So the question is, which shoes looks better on skinny guys with narrow/skinny feet? The thinner sole and pointy end or the more "butch" type like Alden with thicker soles and a rounder toe? Does the former complement more or is the latter better as it "bulks" up the foot? Also, any recommendations? What colors,...
Will make a new post - ignore this one. Can't find a way to delete it.