or Connect

Posts by Shoeliker

Thanks. That's very helpful.
So, the Barcelona store is smaller than the Madrid store; but is it still larger than the Web store? We're planning a trip to Barcelona perhaps next year, but probably not going to Madrid. Thanks for posting about this, as I've been wondering about the difference in offerings between the physical sites vs. the online offerings.
Re: CT's non-iron fabric. As with every non-iron shirt I've tried, I find my one CT such shirt hot. In fall, winter and early spring this usually doesn't bother me too much, but on hot summer days I hate it. Even in winter I notice that they don't breathe, but being too hot isn't as problematic then. For this reason I try never to buy non-iron fabrics. Tha one CT I do have I got because I really wanted that pattern and style shirt, and it was only available in non-iron....
Just ordered my first Equus belt last night, and once again I'll sing the wisdom of having the samples on hand. I upgraded to the Baker's Oak Brown because the samples clearly showed the subtleties of colour richness that the Bakers display. In comparing the samples with various shoes, the Bakers complemented a wide range of various shoe colours. I'm not big on having an exact match between belt and shoes, so I loved how, every time I put the Bakers sample next to a...
Just want to acknowledge that, after delaying of a while, I requested and received a packet of samples. Thank you, Charlie. At first I thought the samples, surprisingly, had served to reinforce my Web-based preferences. After further looking, feeling, and, yes, smelling , I'm reassessing once again. The color variation and richness of the Bakers (mentioned above) is very appealing, and it appears that it would complement a wide range of other clothing colours. Don't...
I find this very interesting, and it makes me think a bit differently about my own clothing buying. I'd never have the discipline to track such a thing myself.
Thanks for the info on the Cheaney sale. At least Cheaney puts a notice/link on their Website. Unfortunately, the model I REALLY want isn't on the sale, and (even worse) I contacted Cheaney and they say the last for the shoe I want will very likely not fit me because of width issues. Darn! I appreciate your help, Chowkin. I'm re-thinking my purchase and looking at Crockett & Jones instead, although they are more expensive. Just have to save-up a few more pounds! Thank you!
Hmm. I'll keep my eyes peeled for mentions of the sale. Is the factory store email listed somewhere? Seems like I have seen it. I'll look for it.Thanks for the heads-up.
I hesitated to reply to your post, but your budget has increased a bit since I first saw it, and that reinforces my initial reaction.I have never (I don't think) regretted spending a little extra on something that was just what I wanted and that was superior quality, even though it was a little more than I originally wanted to spend. I have, however, sometimes been sorry I compromised my standards just to save a few bucks.The Alden Leisure Hand-sewn Penny Loafer in...
RahulJAG: RE the navy suit with the bow tie: looks great.