or Connect

Posts by barkingloud78

Anyone see men's gymnastics rings competition last night? The Chinese guy did practically a perfect performance, stuck the landing. Then the Brazilian went last, did well sure, but it wasn't as clean, and he did not stick the landing and they gave him gold. That almost enraged me. It just goes to show you, things always look better in real time, than in memory. Kind of like people saying Kobe Bryant is as or almost as good as Michael Jordan. That's only because we are...
I agree with Harvey that ostrich shoes 'can' look gaudy, although Swan Song makes a great point with Zelli shoes (click to check them out), as a company that makes a good looking ostrich shoe. They're styles are very classy, and are absolutely shoes you can wear to the office / a special occasion and not look like a 'pimp' as some have joked. One important thing to note about ostrich shoes is that they come in the ostrich leg or ostrich quill versions. The quill leather...
I agree with Harvey in that they 'can' look guady, but Swan Song makes a great point with Zelli (click to check them out) as a company that does ostrich well. They make some very classy ostrich shoes that you absolutely could wear to the office / to a special event and not look like a 'pimp' as some have joked about. Also important to note is that ostrich shoes come in two very distinct leather cuts, you have ostrich leg and ostrich quill (has the circular quills / bumps...
Anyone own a Brian Moore custom shop or iGuitar? Just curious, they haven't been around in a while but they made an incredible guitar.
me too...all day every day, need to get on that  
Although they do mail order, they are not a catalog only brand. They are in a number of retail shops, I think smaller independents, I think a lot of golf pro shops, and of course online through their own website and several other authorized resellers. The key to this brand is value, it's a handmade Italian shoe at a very reasonable price. The exotics are an even better price overall. I see them getting a lot more attention these days so I think they are a good buy. The...
I agree with the comments about start ups allowing employees to do more than they're qualified for out of necessity. A very small startup usually has an enthusiastic owner who at the early stages of the company is handling a lot of the day to day stuff (bookkeeping being one example) that at some point will need to be delegated so that he can focus his energies in building the company and brand. During those early delegation stages an owner may be willing to hire someone...
What USA dealers carry Carmina? I see they sell online now which is interesting, but appears to just be ready made shoes.
Give some of it away to those who need it more. It is life changing to change a life and sometimes a small amount to someone who needs a whole lot, can change everything for them. One day you may be in a spot where you need that help, so when you are in a position to, give freely.  
Do a Google search for 'order fulfillment' companies. If you're talking about you placing good size orders from your manufacturer and having everything shipped to a warehouse who simply packages the product and ships it out to you, I actually used to work for one. Small family owned company that's been doing it for years, Palma Settimi Inc out of Brewster New York.