or Connect

Posts by jcell

Hey Crane, Just an update. I got the filson boot oil last week and applied it. The boots are feeling great now that I've stopped caring so much for their safety. I've been wearing the shit out of them. I haven't had a chance to take them out on some of that Georgia red clay, but soon enough I'm going to.    My sno seal is coming in today, when I apply it, and for that matter all boot oils and stuff, should I keep the shoe tree in them? Should i let them dry with...
Just did it. I applied it very Liberally. It darkened it a ton, and I can tell it's going to look awesome. You were SO right about how much thicker Filson oil is. WOW. It is amazing. Go ahead and say I told you so, You've earned it for putting up with all my questions. 
Ahh now I understand. I forgot to tell you how I applied it. First pass I put it on a cloth and then went over the shoe. Second pass, I put it on my finger and then would rub it into a small area. Then more, and rub in. And I'd keep doing this. I didn't really think there was a wrong way to do it. If you've got a suggestion, I'm open to a new method. I was apprehensive about spraying the lexol right onto the shoe.  Very, very informative. Please god tell me I bought the...
In regards to 1. Good point.  2. Also good point that I am thinking about as well. I guess I just liked the way the looked and felt, and read Crane's review of them and liked how they looked beat up. I think the fundamental flaw I'm having is I don't like how mine are looking all beat up. If that makes any sense. His seemed to lighten and they look cool. Mine are starting to fade and look not so cool. Well the right shoe is at least. Left is fantastic. Really the reason I...
Yeah, I know. I should just stop worrying about them. I want them to develop a nice patina. Any thing is fixable I guess.  I may try a colored boot cream first, only because that is what someone else recommended on the shoe care forum. Problem is I wear them in the rain, mud, ect, not just the street. Who knows. We will see how I feel after the Filson boot oil and the sno seal. Funny thing though, you all said it looked dry, and that was after it just had 2 treatments of...
Can some one help me out with my Wolverine 1000 mile Tan Addisons.   I just want the top one to look like the bottom one. Been like that since day one. Maybe gotten a little worse. 
You are correct that I am spending way too much time worrying about this. But this being my first pair of nice boots, I can actually do very little about my obsession.      The one on the bottom is perfect. The one on the top has been like that for since day one, and has gotten a little worse over a week. Is it too much to ask to want them to look the same. I have no problem developing patina, but come on.
  I just read your previous posts a few pages back about mink oil. I had no idea that it did that. I always heard that it softened leather, which is unnecessary for Chromexcel. Does neatsfoot oil have the same bad effect?   The top part of my boot, just behind the toecap is loosing color. I was reading that Melatonin boot and shoe cream would bring back color to the shoe. Which of the colors would correctly match the tan addison?
Cool thanks. I'm not so worried anymore.  Outside it is raining. I did not properly describe the shelf. It is a NSF restaurant roll cart thing in my living room. Its a vented shelf looking thing. Lots of air flow.    With regards to the boot oil, should I use the lexol conditioner or the mink oil or neither? 
I am sure at this point you all think I am a colossal moron, but I have yet another stupid question. Today, while I was on campus it started raining. Because my boot oil has not arrived from Filson yet, Washington State to Georgia, I have not waterproofed my boots, though when I originally got them I did condition with lexol conditioner.   The water was pretty much sucked into to boots, but my feet did not get wet. So right now they are drying on a shelf with cedar...