or Connect

Posts by srmd22

That may be reasonable advice, but how do you know that 1) my current collection is ill-fitting (you seem to have asked and then answered the question, regardless of the fact), and 2) why is a random consignment shop better then ebay (aside from the virtual vs. brick and morter thing, which is negated by the BS&T alternative)? Also, what is different about tailoring a BS&T item versus the others? Are you saying there are no good deals on ebay? I'm not sure I am...
Lol, well said. This thread is more entertaining than I was expecting. I did consider that if it were any good it would get snapped up, but it was more a learning question for me, so I wasn't to concerned. Based on the advice, I did pass on this one!
Picked up a corduroy suit at Nordstrom Rack today, and when I asked the tailor if she would shorten the sleeves a touch she claimed it would not be a good idea, because with corduroy 1) it would be hard to refinish it to get the same look after the alteration, 2) she would have to redo the (fake) button holes (further affecting the finish of the fabric) and 3) corduroy suits will shrink a bit after the first dry clean, anyway.   I couldn't figure out if she was...
I am thinking about buying this on ebay, but I am not sure how to judge the quality, as there is no brand. There are a few others similar to this as well, no brand, but look nice in the pics, and inexpensive.   http://www.ebay.com/itm/250993266564?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649   How does one judge this sort of thing? Can any of the experts on this forum tell the quality, or if it is worth the asking price? Or do you just sort of take a risk...
They are all lovely shoes. I'd have a tough time choosing. I don't own any plain toe lace ups atm, myself.
Looks like you could use some Burgundy in the collection (or maybe you have a similar pair in another brand). But I really like the monks , if you don't minding loading up on black.
Lol, all that effort, and it still didn't work.
I love leather soled dress boots (in fact I just ordered the a pair of the Fifth Streets, coincidentally), but for your purposes-- walking around campus in the snow-- I definitely agree with the above posters-- go rubber. AE does have some nice dress boots with rubber soles, just browse their website. You can get away with them with a suit, although it is a bit less formal look, but I do it all the time, no one cares, unless you are in a very formal setting (Wall Street...
Just bought 'em on Ebay, on a lark, because I want to try out some shells:   http://www.ebay.com/itm/251112783532?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649   I know they are Bostonians (gag) but I am hoping they are from a time before they went downhill, because they are advertised as "vintage". I know, I am a sucker, but I figured  what the hell, it's only $120, and it is hard to find shoes in my narrow A to AA width anyway.   So are these the...
Thinking about ordering a pair of these. Anyone owned a pair and have opinions/advice? Maybe you prefer cordovan vs. calf, prefer similar style in a different brand (at around the same pricepoint), love 'em, hate 'em, etc? I have a pair of McAllisters in 9 1/2 A which fit pretty well, same last. Also thinking about cordovan or calf McNeils, but would need a custom size (they don't come in A), so I could not return them. Different last, so it would be a bit of a crapshoot...