or Connect

Posts by Pierre

Quote: Whether the stripes are conservative or not, I'm not found of them. [b] You said you prefer Figaret to H&k may be because Figaret is more conservative. So conservative seems important for you. You added you do not like stripes. Well, I just inform you : - H&K is more conservative than Figaret - stripes are conservative So you shoul like H&K. I said I like Figaret shirts style. If they are not conservative so be it. I don't like stripes and...
Ernest, I'm glad I mis-interpreted the tone of your first answer. I'm all for testing and I will try an H&K next week if I like what I see in the shop. I tend to have a global look at the shirt rather than go for details. I either like it or not. It fits or not. Technical details are for the tailor, not for me. But to each is own. I don't think I'm guilty of 'primary nationalism'. I'm Belgian and live in France for 5 years only. Of course buying a H&K in Paris will put...
Actually, I just remembered I must go to London next Friday. I will buy a H&K and let you know if I find added-value in those features you mention. Our office is on Jermyn street so that should be quite feasible. P.
Ernest, as previously said I understand you don't like Figaret. Still the forum is made for sharing with everyone and that is what I do. Otherwise, I would have sent a private message. Whether the stripes are conservative or not, I'm not found of them. 80% of my shirts are plain blue (in various fabrics, like chevron) or white. I never paid to much attention to pattern matching but I will have a look next time. Even if I suppose your question was rhetorical. The major...
Hi Ernest, I know you don't like Alain Figaret's shirts because of their collars and cuffs but I found they have a cut that fits me well. They are much closer to the body at the waist than the usual very loose fitting shirts. Fabric and finish are good. Choice is huge indeed (I like the style, probably more conservative than H&K, I don't like stripes and fancy patterns). Around 70EUR in sales. I'm yet to see the price during January private sales. By the way, collar...
Funny thing, I actually budgeted those costs last week-end. I realized I only need 3% of my income to considerably upgrade my wardrobe and that those C&J handgrade are not out of question.
Just out of curiosity, and given that I go to Budapest once a year ... P.
Ernest, I 'felt' the suit and cannot feel any hint of fusing. The whool is soft and souple everywhere. For the Bexley, are you inferring from the price tag or do you have direct experience? I'm frankly interested because info is spare about them. P.
Very nice. I will try to drop by during the week, for a look. But, the more I think about it, the more I realize I'm not comfortable spending that kind of money on shoes (even though I understand they are a good value). This is just way out of line with the family budget and spendings habits. I would feel egoïst doing so. Anyway, I'm not thirty yet and have plenty of time to enjoy a slow upgrade of my wardrobe, full of small enjoyments. I'llget to those C&J and...
Hi, I'm lacking info too but I will buy a pair and see by myself. I exchanged mail with someone who has Bexleys as well as bowens. He seems to think that the non handmade Bexley are quite a match to Bowen (those being overpriced). I can only imagine that the handmade would be even better. By the way, it's the price without VAT. P.