or Connect

Posts by RedLeg

Yankees are in trouble. No doubt about it. If it was the middle of the season I might argue that Cano could carry them for awhile, but starting like this out of the gate is difficult to do.   The upside is that it should be easier to get tickets to the company box 
  I'm still very torn on Baker. He is not well liked in Cincy, despite the recent success. I'm still pissed about how he managed our starting pitching in the series against the Giants last season  in the NLDS. Much more credit (and deservedly so) goes to Walk Jockety and ownership for making some moves and being willing to spend some money.   Dusty is a players manager, not a game manager. He is at his best motivating players behind closed doors and we really don't get to...
    Not a fan of the shawl collar personally, no matter how many times James Bond wears one.   Went to Century 21 today to get some socks. Took a look at what they had OTR. They had Canali, Zegna etc. for $1k, but I was surprised to see that they were all notch lapels.  Thinking custom is the way to go since buying these at full retail would be about the same price.
  Thanks for the advice. I'll ask around a bit and maybe swing by when I have some time.       I'm only 23, so I shy away from anything double breasted at this stage in life. Also dress on the conservative side.   Probably a little wishful thinking (although I do have a lot of weddings to attend in the years to come). Bottom line is I would rather spend some extra money now than feel compelled to go buy something else in a couple years because I skimped out on quality....
I have to get my first tux for an upcoming formal event (2 months out). I really don't want to rent something, as I want to look like I belong there. I'm of the view that since I really only need 1 tux for the foreseeable future, my first one should be a nice one that I am happy with for a long time. I have a good sense of the style I want (peak lapel, side vents), so I am looking for some advice on going shopping.     Budget: $1k - $2k Location: NYC   Do the...
  I am very much against moving him into the starting rotation. As a lock-down closer, you have the opportunity to impact a lot more games than as a starter. His pitching style is more conducive to a closer as well. He only really has two pitches and certainly has issues with control. My fear is that the 2nd or 3rd trip through the order he is much more hittable.   Think whether or not he stays in the starting rotation has a lot to do with how Homer Bailey does as well....
Agree that shorting bonds will make money in the future. Plan to do it eventually, but want to see some more momentum before entering a position.   The typical investor cannot duplicate Warren Buffet's investment style.   Market is looking overbought to me. Think it is high time to shave some positions and take some profits.
Subscribing to this thread.   This is the year for my Reds (pending our gaping defensive whole in CF doesn't bite us in the ass too much).
Going to give Pierre of Paris a shot with a RLBL suit and a Caruso sportcoat.
If I worked for Citi I would be all over that ha