or Connect

Posts by RedLeg

You would be responsible for buying the stock at $90, so your loss you be $10 per share less the premium you received. Your max loss would be $90 per share less the premium (if the stock went to 0). While the downside seems steep, it's not as bad as if I had bought the 100 additional shares at $100 per share. Key is that I do not write more puts than I am comfortable buying outright. I always have the cash set aside.
 Will occasionally, but always cash secured out of the money. If I want to get in a stock, but I'm not sure it's bottomed, I'll consider putting half a position on, then writing puts on the other half. Stock drops a bit more, I get the stock at strike, plus the premium, lowering my entry even more. Stock bounces, consider if you want to put the other half of your position on. If not, you can pocket the premium or roll into calls.
 For anyone who doesn't exactly know what they are doing, please do not go out and write a bunch of options. Writing covered calls can be a great method to generate some additional income, but the key word is covered. I'm not as inclined to write covered calls right now given that vol is still so cheap
 Stay long and take out your anger in the sack
If we don't rebound tomorrow I'm shifting out of some of my more risky positions. I do not like that we are selling off on the back of a strong earnings season.   The market has been more or less insulated from geopolitical / macro events up until now. I'm worried short term.
Picked up PBF Energy at open this morning
I like to keep these things all to myself  It's at 225 5th Ave (btw 26 - 27th)
Isaia sample sale June 17th - 20th
Anyone have experience going long the VIX? I'm sitting here watching it come back down and with it so cheap, I want to pick up some protection.   Are ETNs the way to go here (VXZ)? I assume they bleed money since they just continually roll futures?
I'll probably cut my stake in half here soon, but I was fortunate to get in when it was in the low 400's. Told myself I was going to dump it all post split, but the heavy call option volume has made me inclined to hold it for a bit. Don't forget the ~3% dividend you've been getting. I picked up JPM, ZU & DSW about a week ago