or Connect

Posts by jjr4884

lol really???? too funny, same with me haha i polished hmm... lemme see   Bourbon Strands - Reno Cole Haan PTBoot - Reno and AE Walnut polish Merlot McAllister - Hit it with my "dirty" brush then sprayed some water on my merlot brush and brought the shine back to life, sole dressing Neumora - Reno, then water, sole dressing Magnanni cap toes - brought the shine back to life, little water   At this point, f the world   Reno and polish for the shell strands.  I am loving...
  No, the black polish was in reference to my Neumora's because the toe on it is very very dark brown.  Depending on the color of your burnished color, choose accordingly.  If you have walnut, but the burnishing is significantly darker, i would start with a medium brown and take it from there...
  with a cotton swab you could put put a tiny tiny bit of polish on the the burnished area, and carefully work it in, but even at that point it is excessive and not really necessary.  The toe on my Neumora's are burnished, and while some suggest doing a tiny bit of black on the toe, normal brown is completely fine for me.  I guess at this point it depends how dramatic the burnishing... on the Neumora, its pretty much dark brown and the toe is a dark dark brown, negligible...
Merlot McAllisters today   Need to figure out what colored laces will work with these.  Surprisingly I'm having a brain fart thinking what color I can use with them.  Red would look nice, but idk.. tough to think of a contrasting color i.e. orange laces on my bourbon strands, purple on walnut strands...   Thoughts?
  Haha most people are asking me how I got Grammy tickets.  Honestly, the person we are going with (my brother and the realtor he uses) has a ton of hookups out there, so Grammy tickets are given to him every year, and I guess he has the same pull with the Leno tickets, however I think those are relatively easy to come by.  Looking forward to it, however I hope this snow holds off on Friday morning.  New England is not looking very promising right now...     Quality...
    hhaa ya probably right, but considering i have walnut, bourbon, and cordovan brown for the strand, a 4th pair doesn't make that much sense.  Having them for the sake of the rarity would be nice, but there is nothing i can't get away with having the walnut calf compared to the cordovan   Another pair will come along at some point
  Driving to san diego to see some family on Friday, coming back up saturday, Grammy's on Sunday and Jay Leno on monday, coming back tuesday
  Look up Horween on google, their website, and also youtube.  There are some pretty cool videos showing you how cordovan leather is made.  Its horse leather literally made from their ass.  If that doesn't spark your interest enough, the price will lol.  It takes 6 months for the leather to ready for shoes, just to give you an idea of what goes into it.     Whats the number?  I am going to LA this weekend, if it ends up being less expensive than I am thinking, I will...
  whatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt   what other list do you have?  they won't acct gift certs with 2nds do they? i have a $100 credit and would buy those in a heartbeat for $273 out of my pocket.  do they tell you what is wrong with them?
  The shoe is definitely a darker brown, but I would just call it normal brown.  Trick is, don't use the dark brown cordovan cream that they suggest.  I Reno'ed mine one and already i could tell it got a shade or two lighter, closer to what the website portrays.  Thats what I love about them, until they darkened up on me...  But its a process, i'll reno them once a month (now that i think of it, tonight is the night) and we'll see what they look like after one or two more...