or Connect

Posts by jjr4884

So my Saphir Reno has been going down in quanity considerably over the last couple months.  I guess i use it more than i though... ha.  Anyways, I switched back to my barely used conditioner cleaner from AE last night for my walnut strands.   It worked ok, but I will say that nothing can touch Saphir.  The AE conditioner really moistened the leather, far beyond what I was used to with the Saphir.  After 5 or so minutes, I took the brush to it, only to find out that...
  Add the Evanston to the list as well....
  Same with me.  I wear a 10D on the 5 last, but a 9.5D/10D will fit just as good on the 1....
  Honestly with that kind of shoe, I wouldn't worry too much about being matchy matchy since it is strictly casual.  I could see that shoe looking good with a raw denim with either a navy or brown belt.  I'm sure with the gray, you can play with a lot of combinations of belts/pants and get a funky, yet still subtle and stylish outfit.... 
  If it is on the same last, then it is pretty safe to say that the fit will be near identical.  Because the Dalton is a boot, there may be a slight variance to the Leeds, but i'm sure you can get an accurate fitting.  If you have the disposable income, purchase two pairs a half size apart, try them both on, then return one.... rather than going back and forth with different sizes.
  For the time being, i would wipe with a damp clothe, and thoroughly hit it with a horsehair brush.  Spray a squirt or two of water on the horsehair brush from time to time, and see how you make out.    Thoroughly do the damp cloth, i would much prefer all that buildup on a cloth rather than a brush... you should see a ton of polish come off.
  I used to use the conditioner cleaner until I got my Saphir Reno, however when i did use it, I used polish ever 2 - 3 times I used the conditioner.  The conditioner is a good cleaner for the leather, it takes a good amount of the polish off, and obviously conditions the leather.  The only time I use polish is if I know its been a couple months, or if there are scuffs in the leather than can't be fixed with some conditioner and some elbow grease.  The less polish on a...
Unrelated, however I'm not very good at navigating this site lol.  Remember a couple months ago, there was a link on the styleforum home page about mixing/combining textures with suits/shirts/ties?    Where the hell can I find that post?  Off to the advanced search tool....
  Cow milk on calf suede... something just seems wrong about that...
  Polish no, i'll hit them quick with my "dirty" horse hair brush, then I will use the cleaner/plastic brush kit thing that I got directly from Clarks.  I never put the protectant spray on them at first, so there is some water spots and discoloration.  But I don't polish them... that would be interesting lol