or Connect

Posts by jjr4884

I have my eyes on the Medalist which I will be getting, however before I pull the trigger, I am going to see what the new line looks like.  Another damn week to wait to see what they look like... blah.
    my god did the shoes scream bloody murder when you attempted to tie them?
  Black calf shoes, polished well with Saphir in navy, and get them as shiny shiny shiny as possible, if you aren't going with a patent leather.   Park Ave Harrison Fifth Ave (meh, not my first choice because of the brogued cap toe) Westchester if you are looking for a loafer I would also consider the Flat Iron, not a conventional look but I think it would look fantastic with a suit, stylish and sleek
Bored and hungover, time to touch up the shoes     Magnanni Mateo and Cole Haan chukkas, my favorite and most worn in the entire line up right now     Broke the shells out yesterday for St. Patty's day (wear green at work)  
  I don't wear mine often but they do look pretty fantastic.  I love mine.  I'll wear them tonight.
OK thread back on topic.  Custom Neumoks should be getting delivered soon.  Didn't they say by March 17th?  idk... I ordered them on the last day they were available, so I would assume it would take longer than that.  idk...
sigh... i'm getting torn apart for commenting putting the top 2 percentile of shoes in the same category   G&G and Edward Greens = Louboutin Carmina and Alden = Jimmy Choo   my dignity = zero
  Are you family with their women's shoes?  They are made completely different than mens shoes, so ya, comparing it to goodwelted shoes is not a good comparison, I am just saying, Louboutin's (along with Manolo, Jimmy Choo, etc...) are the high end shoes for women, just like Alden, Carmina, Edward Green, and etc is to men.  They use good quality leather, lining, heel construction, etc...   While I'm not proud of this, knowledge of woman's shoes is almost as much as asset...
    Its a shame they don't make any classic or moderately modern looking shoes.  They are the "Alden" of womens shoes.  If they ever made a decent oxford, I would look into them...
Just got an email back from AE, purely out of curiousity... JR soles are put back on cordovan shoes at no extra charge.  After being skeptical of the sole they put on my strand, I wanted to check with them for when I need my shell strands resoled.