or Connect

Posts by jjr4884

Go with the Merlot.  One of my favorite shoes, they are gorgeous in Merlot.
 Very nice.  I have them and love them.  They are not as roomy as the shoes i have in the 5 last so i tend to not wear them very often, I should change that and really break them in. 
 Oh god you only wore it once??? Yea... send them back.
 Agreed 100% And granted, yes, AE makes accessories and what not, however does this really have THAT much of a bearing on the quality they put in to shoes?  They are still using the same exact equipment, leather, lasts, etc as they were decades ago.  I don't think the company as a whole is losing focus on the quality of their shoes.  If anything, I would be more concerned with how many styles they have, rather than having a small selection of shirts, scarves, ties, and...
 With all due respect to the salesman, knowing that AE sells accessories doesn't take a whole lot of homework or knowledge.  Also, talking like that about a company that I have religiously supported, while wearing them in the Alden store, was a little bit over the top.  Trust me, I'm not one to be overly sensitive to certain things, but to tear apart a company and inadvertently insult a potential customer is a terrible way to do business.  Tell me more about Alden, tell me...
Also, if I may... FUCK Alden.  That piece of shit company will never get my business.   Needless to say, I've had a few negative experiences with them, lack of responses, etc.  My latest, was directly with a salesman in one of their stores.  Started off ok, I was looking at a pair of cordovan chukkas in #8, so we discussed the shoes a little.  Then, he asked me what I usually wear and I told him I've been wearing nothing but AE for the past several years.  The next 15...
 Correction, I called back and modified my order.  Olive AND red LOL.  The good thing is, if i don't like them or am not happy with the defects, they are very good with returns, so I've heard.  This is my first time ordering 2nds. 
 Thanks for posting this... I just ordered the olive ones from the Shoebank for $127... unreal deal.  I love my blue ones and have been waiting to scoop up the olive pair for a while, however I couldn't justify spending that much on a casual, unlined shoe.  I might pick up the red ones as well while i'm at it.  We'll see. The gentlemen who picked up the phone checked the shoes as well, the broguing, stitching, and toe medallion is perfect.  He said there were little...
 Same issue with mine.  I wore them for a week straight and came to the following conclusion: 1.  I was actually tying them too tight.  Usually with my bals, i can lace them until the eyelits are essentially flush and touching, with these, I had to back off a little.2.  My right foot did the same thing, and its my left foot that is slightly larger.  After a good week of wearing, it wore off. They are my new favorite pair of shoes to wear in a lineup of a dozen AE's.  They...
 She did good with those Neumoks.  I wear them year round and love them with jeans.  Super comfortable too once they break in, which didn't take long for me at all.