or Connect

Posts by WaistcoatWonder

Gentlemen,   My apologies for being so late in replying. I honestly didn't believe it would garner any more responses and I've been in the field for the past few weeks.   I have put a hold on any further blog posts until I've redefined exactly what it is I hope to write and contribute and have taken most of the advice rendered here into consideration (minus the few of you who just chose to be dicks).   As for dispensing advice without being an expert myself,...
Thank you to all that replied, this is a lot more honest critique than I'm like to get from my friends.   For those who mentioned fit, that is the thing I am trying to work most on, the tuxedo jacket was donated to Salvation Army as were a large number of my sweaters that I really just needed to part with regardless of how I liked the look.   Recurring theme is that I write too much and advise too much when I should just be showing (better) fits. I really...
Many thanks for the honest opinions and replies. Will try and improve.
Phenomenal response with things I had not at all realized I was doing.   These are quick and simple fixes I can make, and you're absolutely right, the focus is on the clothes not me, so losing my face in it could certainly help.   I have another post in the works reviewing my Birchbox, I will try and implement these changes with that. I really appreciate y'alls advice!
Hi all, lonnnnnng time lurker and only recent poster. I write http://dapper-on-a-dime.blogspot.com a blog for beginners (not that unlike myself) to mens style interested in finding their style on a budget. I was embarrassed as all get out to find that my blog is being laughed at on Style Forum in a thread about bad style blogs. I want to what I can to fix this and do what I can to both better learn about mens style and better write about it.   For reference, my...
Hi all, I'm Ethan from http://dapper-on-a-dime.blogspot.com . It was with absolute horror that when I followed the small spike in page views to it's source here, I found my blog listed in this thread. I hang my head low with embarrassment to have made this list, and ask of you gentlemen, whom I turn to for advice (chiefly lurking, I am but a pleb) rather than just laugh at my blog, can you tell me what I could do to improve it?   I understand my sense of style is not...
Thank you, gentlemen, for the quick responses. For the moment, the GLOCK is what I have. But I've become increasingly aware just how 'big' this 'little' gun is. I had begun research on a smaller gun, but must admit, I'm still 'gunshy' so to speak of using a smaller caliber. From personnel experience in Iraq, the 9MM failed to incapacitate on two occasions (I was not the shooter, someone else in my squad). But, as you mentioned, ammunition plays a huge part, and we were...
Thank you for your quick response. I already own several pairs of allen edmonds shoes in more conservative colors As well as black leather oxfords From johnston and murphy. So I believe I have the staples down I was just looking for something a little different to spice up my daily wearers. I appreciate the input and will keep that in mind.
I'm unsure if this is the right thread for this, or if it's already been covered elsewhere (feel free to redirect me) but do you gentlemen have any suggestions for carrying concealed without having to look like a bag of ass. It seems the majority of concealed carry options are aimed more at the WearingATentForAPoloShirt type of shooter who's gonna have no trouble at all keeping his weapon concealed. I wear a jacket of some sort pretty much any time the weather allows so...
Tried searching for an answer but I could not. I am leaving the military soon and and in anticipation for that I have spent the past two years slowly building up my professional wardrobe. I'm at a point where I have a several well fitting suits, plenty of OCBDs, ties, and all the other various acoutrements (sp?) of a professional gentleman. I've got a clothing allowance coming up and since I won't be needing to purchase any more uniform supplies I decided to use at least...