or Connect

Posts by dammit

Thanks for the tips, this is good!  Based on all the replies too I think I should re-think the whole 'black tie' thing for this special dinner date, I don't want to be confused for the waiter........! What attire would you recommend for a fancy dinner like Aria or Quay, etc? Should I wear my standard navy business suit (or even just the jacket), I don't want to just wear jeans, any advice if I am not going down the tuxe route, but still want to look like I have made a big...
Yeah so an upcoming wedding I know will be black tie, I want to take my lady to a nice restaurant like Park Hyatt sydney or something in circular quay, and work events such as black tie gala dinner/balls are coming up too. This Brent Wilson jacket on sale, even at the Brent Wilson shop they don't seem to have pants which are part of the "package" of it, do you normally buy the pants separate brand/style? Wearing a navy suit, I could do that but I just feel like I'm...
I'm considering buying some formal dinnerwear, like a proper tuxedo/dinner suit, or whatever you want to call it. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I should look, in Sydney CBD or surrounding areas? I want to pick up something real cheap - but obviously not so cheap it screams poor/cheap quality.....(aka Lowes suit Ewwww!).    I have no idea exactly what I am looking to buy really, but have just met myself a nice lady and want to take her out for a very fancy...
Hi everyone, I am looking to buy a good quality pair of cap toe oxford shoes, however I have quite a wide foot so probably need G (UK) width, or a more circular front instead of the pointy style due to wide toes. Does anyone know a good place in Sydney CBD? I am thinking of going to Henry Bucks, is there anywhere else I should try? Even DJ's etc particular brands I should look at? I tried the Loake Elland at DJ's which was pretty good, but it is $450.   At first I was...
Hi everyone, after some advice on sizing...I bought my first pair of RM Williams boots (comfort craftsman) in 10.5 G size a couple mths ago.   I went to 3 stores trying on various sizing and so forth and thought I had picked the right size for me.   I have only worn them about 10 times, but I am getting blisters on the back of my heels, and on my right foot pressure on the side around the middle of the foot (if that makes sense) and it seems my toes are too crushed in...
Thanks for the tips guys!Lol, nope def not the groom, that would be funny though if I was working out what to wear to my own wedding on Saturday and it was Thursday. Ahhh
Thanks for tips on wedding attire I have a plain blue poplin shirt with French cuffs and spread collar, maybe that should be the go?: http://tiny.cc/a2vsnx I have a white pocket square, should I do a puff fold or flat fold ? I also have a dressy silver silk tie, but I'm thinking this isn't going to go well with a blue shirt and navy suit,? Unless I wear a white shirt instead. Next question is shoes, I have a pair of black wholecut oxfords or black captoe oxfords..or...
Hoping for some advice on formal attire. I've got a wedding to go to this wkend which the dress code is formal. I checked with the bride that I know well, and she doesn't expect people to wear tuxes or bow ties etc...   I don't own a tuxedo either so what I was thinking about doing was wearing a navy business suit I have (Ben Sherman Kings fit... single breasted, two button front, side vents) which is navy, plus wear a white dinner shirt and maybe chuck in a white pocket...
Would it be the same trying on the Loake Elland shoes at David jones to see how they fit and work out my size, then buying Loake Aldwych online from the UK? Or is there likely to be different size/fit between the two styles?http://shop.davidjones.com.au/djs/en/davidjones/elland-lace-up-toe-capId rather avoid this Henry bucks place if they get a bit funny with try ons then run type buyers! Lol..
Got my first pair of RM Williams boots now, so happy with them (Thanks wxxnxs, on the forum here, who ordered them with his corporate discount for 30% off the RRP) :D   Quick question for you all, this is my first pair of boots, I normally wore shoes to work..with most of my work pants/suit pants, they are quite slim in the legs, esp at the end of them right before the boot, so what I noticed happening a bit is when I sit down or go up stairs etc (and the legs in my...