or Connect

Posts by dammit

Thanks for the tips guys!Lol, nope def not the groom, that would be funny though if I was working out what to wear to my own wedding on Saturday and it was Thursday. Ahhh
Thanks for tips on wedding attire I have a plain blue poplin shirt with French cuffs and spread collar, maybe that should be the go?: http://tiny.cc/a2vsnx I have a white pocket square, should I do a puff fold or flat fold ? I also have a dressy silver silk tie, but I'm thinking this isn't going to go well with a blue shirt and navy suit,? Unless I wear a white shirt instead. Next question is shoes, I have a pair of black wholecut oxfords or black captoe oxfords..or...
Hoping for some advice on formal attire. I've got a wedding to go to this wkend which the dress code is formal. I checked with the bride that I know well, and she doesn't expect people to wear tuxes or bow ties etc...   I don't own a tuxedo either so what I was thinking about doing was wearing a navy business suit I have (Ben Sherman Kings fit... single breasted, two button front, side vents) which is navy, plus wear a white dinner shirt and maybe chuck in a white pocket...
Would it be the same trying on the Loake Elland shoes at David jones to see how they fit and work out my size, then buying Loake Aldwych online from the UK? Or is there likely to be different size/fit between the two styles?http://shop.davidjones.com.au/djs/en/davidjones/elland-lace-up-toe-capId rather avoid this Henry bucks place if they get a bit funny with try ons then run type buyers! Lol..
Got my first pair of RM Williams boots now, so happy with them (Thanks wxxnxs, on the forum here, who ordered them with his corporate discount for 30% off the RRP) :D   Quick question for you all, this is my first pair of boots, I normally wore shoes to work..with most of my work pants/suit pants, they are quite slim in the legs, esp at the end of them right before the boot, so what I noticed happening a bit is when I sit down or go up stairs etc (and the legs in my...
So you mean something like this?   http://shop.davidjones.com.au/djs/en/davidjones/elland-lace-up-toe-cap   Look great, but I really can't afford $400. :(   Funny you should mention RMW's. I just bought a pair of chestnut comfort craftsman yearlings, to add as a staple to my wardrobe. I imagine they will hopefully be super comfortable, but I figure I probably shouldn't wear them every day as the leather needs to rest.   So I will either need to get a second pair of...
Can someone recommend some good looking shoes to wear with suits/work environment? I'm not in a super corporate environment but I do like to look good.   I currently wear Ben Sherman Oscar black leather shoes which I think might be superseded now. Anyway I find they look good, but my feet are killing by the end of a 12hr day, possibly because it just is straight leather sole with no padding/cushioning?   This is the best photo of them online I could find.   Can...
Not sure, the only other leather shoes I have (oxford style ben sherman's) are 46. I don't have any that specify the width.  I went back to store today, interestingly yesterday I first tried a 10G on and couldn't even get my foot in it. After trying 10.5H in leather sole, 10H in leather sole, I tried a Comfort craftsman in 10.5 G (the smaller width) which seems to be the perfect fit I think...It's not snug/tight but it's also not loose. What I'm hoping is that this is...
 I think you are definitely right, this was a RMW store, but I think the sales rep did not seem to know this info that the half size up is width only, which is surprising.
Can someone give me some advice re sizing, I went to a store today and found out my size. At first tried a 10 G but could not even get my foot into the thing. Next was the 10 H. This seems a perfect fit for me. However, when wearing the boot (craftsman), it is very snug/firm, like almost moulded right up to my foot. I'm sort of used to shoes which have a little bit of room (so your feet breathe a little I guess). I can still wriggle my toes and have about 1" of space...