or Connect

Posts by tdonohue

Hello all,   Posted a few months ago looking for help in building a business wardrobe, and found the replies immensely helpful. Fast forward to now, and I'm preparing for an interview for (hopefully) a first promotion. Anyways, in building my wardrobe, I pretty much stuck to brown leather, including shoes, belt, and watch strap.   Now that I have an interview, I understand black shoes are a bit more formal, so I think I'll go ahead and purchase a pair of AE Park...
lestyr -    Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a thorough response - a lot of valuable information.   Much appreciated!
Hi All,   I will be ordering the better part of a new business casual wardrobe online shortly, including a number of blazers, and need to know my size. I'm hoping that you could tell me if the 42R suit jacket below is the most appropriate size, and if not, what size might be appropriate. With that said, I'm not concerned with alterations that may need to be made - I recognize its not great. I apologize for the [crappy] quality of the iPhone pictures and thank you for...
Cant kill da Rooster, zerostyle -   I suppose what I'm looking for are pieces that, while, yes, relatively inexpensive (or cheap, you could say), would be of such quality that I would still feel confident wearing them as I continue to build my wardrobe. For example, I'm believe that even as I expand my wardrobe with more expensive pieces, that I would still be comfortable wearing the Anderson-Little blazer because it is of comparable quality, just acquired at an...
Thank you jt, msulinski, and minervau!   Any further input from the SF community would be greatly appreciated! 
Hello All,   Been reading this forum for a few weeks and thought I would seek some advice from the collective wisdom of the SF community. I just graduated college and start my first job in July in Chicago; the environment is business casual, though I'd like to be on the dressier side of business casual without seeming dandified. I have approximately $2,000, and while I have a few pieces I can use, I'm more or less starting from square one. I'm about 6', 165 lbs with...