or Connect

Posts by Michael Ay329

I found the Deco last to be a 3/4 of size longer than my MH71 and TG73 lasted shoes (and I am a UK size 12).My first Deco shoe on the Deco square last in size 12 was way too big/long compared to my TG73 or MH71 lasted MTO shoes. I had 2 fingers worth of space in the heel. I had it relasted in a 1/2 size smaller (11.5) Deco square last. Still too big. I opted to have it made on the TG73 in size 12, although the shoe is a Deco design and Deco standard built.Both of my...
I might join for a GMTO....lets see what direction it takes
Guido, I'm a fan of the TG73. A few years back, when the Deco last first came out, I ordered a pair, and found the Deco last felt narrower in the toe box, although I needed a 1/2 smaller as the Deco last appears to be larger/longer than the TG73. Dean and Tony were kind enough to complete my order by remaking the shoe in the TG73, although the Byron is a Deco class shoe. For some reason, the TG73 used on this Deco model looks way better than any other TG73 lasted shoe...
Does anyone have experience of how the Donegal tweeds from Molloy &Sons and W. Bill compare to the Donegal cloths from Ariston? Is the Ariston more of a flannel with the flecked look? Is the Ariston cloth lighter than the Irish stuff? Is there an online source to view the Ariston Donegals colors, and buy them? Thanks ahead of time.
Ktown, G&G are worth it. I enjoy my Vass and other Hungarian shoes. Yet they have a different feel to them. I have found the Vass JR soles to be more durable than G&G's. I prefer the quality of leather G&G uses. Make sure you do not have a high in step or else G&G oxfords like the St James will be uncomfortable. Unless you order them MTO and ask if they can use a fitter on the last instep zone in order to give them more room on the instep. Too bad G&G no longer...
I have made 9 bespoke shoes and 1 boot using his "standard" squared and chiseled last I no longer wear any oxford balmorals boots as i have found them all to be uncomfortable and i am not debating trying a bespoke version. I got rid of my 2 G&G, Clifford and Ron Rider balmorals as i did not like the feel of them Nothing is as comfortable as a bespoke side gussetted shoe, and that will be my 10th and 11th designs...stay tuned With shipping and better quality leather,I...
He made this wingtip balmoral lazyman in a unique dark burgundy. He also made me this wing tip slip on in burgundy. I wanted a darker color so he re-finished them in the same dark burgundy as the balmoral wing tips. We used a 2nd Springline bespoke loafer last...and they fit better than any slip on I have ever owned. But the color is so special
Andy57 that is a beautiful suit Makes me want to adventure and commission a midnight/navy shoe to go with the navy windowpane
Clifford Roberts 2015 His communication skills are now efficiently honed to quickly respond via FB messenger or e-mail (unlike circa 2011) I pay an upcharge for bespoke quality leather. He is not a one man shoe as he works with local contacts for lasts and shoe trees via Springline, pattern making, closing the lower to the upper, and hand sewing the apron. Although he does the traditional shoes, its niche designs that I have found are his specialty. I have learned the...
Fit is solid as its a bespoke last from Springline. And the steel eyelets rock