or Connect

Posts by norite

To give you something to compare your situation with, I wear 8.5 for regular sneakers. I went down a size and up a width for the 5 last. So I purchased Strands in 7.5E. If I were you, I would go 8.5D or 8E.
Did you try going into a store and ordering it? I'm a big advocate of doing so because the SA gets commission, so they will do all they can in their power to get that sale. Although the strands in my size (7.5E) were out of stock, they placed an order for me. However, I have to wait a little while because it's backordered.   The more defects I see, the less hyped I am about my first pairs of AE.
        I bought two pairs of Park Avenues from Nordstrom, both the same size and color. The first pair fit perfectly. However, it had what look like to be some kind of hole as if the shoemaker didn't glue down this area completely. Not sure if you guys can really see it or not. But my concern is, if water hits that area and it actually is a hole, it may mess up the interior of the shoe. Do you guys recommend returning this pair?   The second pair I...
I actually had the same problem as you. I purchased the Strands and Park Avenues that are currently on sale. Didn't like what I saw so I ordered a second set to compare. Oddly enough, although they were the same size, my second set was longer/wider/looser than my first set. It makes me question AE's consistency. There were blemishes on both and questionable leather quality. However, I decided to go with the pairs that fit me well despite having more blemishes. I was...
If you have a Nordstrom near you, just go in store and they can order your size for you and have it shipped to your home free of charge! Even if the size is out of stock online, they will order it and the shoes will be shipped DIRECTLY from Allen Edmonds.
It looks like I may have to do this. The nearest AE store to me is over a hour's commute.
I purchased the Black Park Avenue, Walnut Strand, Brown Fifth Avenue, and Merlot McAllister from Nordstrom and so far, I have been very disappointed with what I have received. Because Nordstrom didn't have my size in store, 7.5E, I had to wait for them to ship these shoes to my home. So far, I have received all but the Fifth Avenue.   With the shoes I have received, I found defects on all of them. In regards to the PA, one toe box was probably 1/4 of an in shorter...
Thank you very much for these tips!! I'm a first time AE buyer and purchased 4 pairs last week (Black Park Avenue, Brown Fifth Avenue, Walnut Strand, Merlot Mcallister).   If you don't mind, I want to ask you and others on this thread the following:   1. Do you ever use shoe cream? And if so, when do you use it? 2. For polish, is it better to purchase AE Premium Polish or Carnauba Wax Polish? 3. What are your regular steps to cleaning a pair of AE. From what I have...
  Thanks for this picture haha. I'm a new owner of AEs and I'm still in the process of figuring out what I need to buy to care for my shoes...and additionally, the steps to take to clean them. That Shoe Care thread is 170+ pages long....will take me a while to sift through them all.
  Hmmm, I'm still waiting on my Fifth Avenues to come in. But when I saw them in store, I absolutely loved them. I would much rather not spend that much right away on 4 pairs of shoes, but if I can't decide, I may have to just keep them all.     I've never considered boots haha. I can't really picture myself wearing a pair of boots to work, not that there's anything wrong with it. But generally, I don't like mid or high sneakers. I would assume that would be the same for...