or Connect

Posts by djh

My philosophy when it comes to shorting anything? Don't. It's not worth it. Inherently the max profit you'll make is 100%. Not only do you have to be right about a company, you also have to have the right timing. Which makes it twice as hard. If you don't like a company, don't buy it. Move on and find other opportunities for growth. It's a lot more fun.
Nope, but you can buy a warranty from a third party company. Or, just keep whatever money you planned on spending on a warranty. Just make sure the car you're buying is mechanically sound - get a PPI. Also, I was unaware you could lease a used car?
What's Xenga? Just kiddingI've been very successful investing/swing trading by only investing in companies I understood and believed in, and then only buying them as the markets got cheap.Trading gets pretty easy if you learn some basic technical analysis and buy "strong" companies when the signals appear on longer-term charts (I use month and week charts). Granted I didn't start trading until late 2009 so I haven't experienced any bear markets.Another rule I have is to...
ftfy
Back to Morgans: Saw this parked in my neighborhood, looks real good in british racing green / white. Don't understand why anyone would get it over any number of real (with four wheels) cars for 40-50k.
I'm looking forward to the new corvettePost some current pics, this sounds good.
Yep, I'm sure there's a lot of things I overlooked. Maybe I'll do some more research when I get some time.
Don't remember off the top of my head, but I did all that unlevering/relevering beta based off some pretty standard comps (hp, dell, msft, csco etc) and wacc was around 10%. I do remember how I projected growth though - the trend in their growth rates was pretty apparent, since every time they released a new product their revenues would grow by 60-70% the first year and taper off the 10-20% by year 4-5. So I assumed they wouldn't release anything new for the next 5 years...
That shifter needs to be placed closer to the driver. Vox, that M3 looks amazing. Can you snap some interior pics?
I've held AAPL since I ran a full DCF on it about a year ago.... I was always getting pissed I was missing rallies up and didn't think it could go any higher. But I used very conservative assumptions (growing at about a third of their average growth rate since they released the iPod in 2001) and still got a valuation of $750. Personally, I have no interest in their products. But I have to admit that they've got a fantastic business model - they've got a simple lineup of...