or Connect

Posts by djh

I think its 41.5 or 42mm. Friend had the blue dial for a while and I wore it for a couple days. The thickness is better balanced out on the 44mm DSOTM but on the 1957 its too noticeable.
I think the updated 1957 is really really nice. Too bad it's still just a little too thick!
A friend picked one up recently... great, great watch. I personally wish less of its surfaces were polished, but that's minor. With a discount, I can't think of any new watch thats better for under $5k.
More than a couple of those Rolexes are fake. I would talk to whoever sold you those...
The FPJ is really something you have to see in person. The tantalum case is heavy like platinum, the strap is top-notch, the dial plays with the light like no other dial I've ever seen, and the rose gold movement with the hidden gear train is something else. The one complaint I have with it is it's a huge PITA to wind -- the crown is tiny and it hurts my fingers to wind. That being said, there's plenty of watches I'd buy for $20k before the FPJ.
You should demand both an engagement and a wedding watch!
Love the Rieussec -- would pick one of the new tribute versions (with the hidden lume hour markers) if they popped up in the used market. Reallyyyyyyy cool watch.
Nice shots, moo
I think the more fair comparison between the two is Nautilus vs. 15202... I prefer the 15202 over the Nautilus and the Nautilus over the 15400 (even if they were the same price).How do people feel about the 15202 vs. the FP Journe Chronometre Bleu?
That second one is how the Omega deployants work currently.