or Connect

Posts by vimkgt

Here's a shot of my own pair I got from them, about 8 months ago. Made extra wide for my wide feet.
Already had a couple of people asking about what kind of Cordovan shell we can get. Here are the colors that I currently can get.   Pricing on these really depends on the style... as a benchmark it starts at $250 for shoes and $300 for boots before shipping.   Black:       Brown 1:   Brown 2:   Brown 3:
For Sale: Handmade carved leather wallets - based on wallet style similar to Japanese Redmoon Goro wallets.   Details: These wallets are hand carved with the designs pictured. Not machine stamped or pressed, each one is painstakingly etched out of the leather by myself and my buddies.   Materials: Made of imported Italian vegetable tanned leather. Thick and substantial, the outside layer is about 2.2mm thick and inside layer 1.5mm.    Location: I'm in Beijing,...
Hi there, no the pricing doesn't include shipping. $32 for Registered Airmail - approx 2-3 weeks, and $50-60 for Express mail approx 1 week (depends on the size of the shoe, heavier shoes cost a bit more to ship Express)
For Sale: Handmade Goodyear welted shoes, these are hand made to order by a mom-pop shop I know well in Beijing, China.   Details: I have a really good source for hand-made Goodyear welted shoes here in China. I wore a few of them myself and the quality is really really good for the price, I'd say it's similar with what you expect from typical American lower-end handmade brands like Allan Edmonds. Goodyear welted, cork bedding, channeled soles, everything you...
Are these a strange last shape for a black cap-toe oxford? From the last picture, it looks like the toe is maybe too square or maybe just proportionally too long in comparison to the rest of the shoe... or maybe it's just the camera angle?   If anyone can identify which brand and last shape this is a knock-off of as well, that would be pretty neat... I'm in China right now so this is one of the few options for decent Goodyear welt shoes, unless I buy Ferragamos at...
I'm currently in Beijing right now and will echo the sentiment that you get what you pay for. We have tailors here who can make you a suit for 1000-1500RMB (about $160-240) and others who range from 3000 - 6000RMB on up. I feel that the cheapy suits here are only good for the times you want to experiment with some styles or get something bizarre that you know you won't wear too often.   At 1000rmb you'll get a cheap MTM suit from a ready made pattern, modified in a...
Agreed, any leather conditioner should be fine... traditionally I've used either the same thing I use for my shoes (Allen Edmonds Conditioning Cleanser or Saphir Creme Universal) and it works OK, but it gets expensive for larger items like jackets. Another option is to use a hand cream like Lubriderm that contains Lanolin oil... those work pretty well as leather conditioners and I've used them on leather jackets and gloves with no issue.
Trash, FILTH, creepers, degenerates, sexpats, whatever. But these terms aren't really all that inaccurate to describe the type of guys who come to a foreign country, sleep with their students, hire underage hookers, and get pissed off at the locals because they don't speak English. If you're here then you must know the type, and last month or so it was a big issue in the media when some British guy got piss drunk and tried to rape a Chinese girl on the side of the...
Assimilating by marrying someone is basically what I did too... but I work in a company with 40% foreigers too and most of them are good guys. Can we agree that most of the above comments generally apply only to the English teachers and not to people working in most other industries here? Based on my observation in Beijing, English teacher ratio is about 90-95% trash vs normal people, but the professionals are only about 15-20% trash.