or Connect

Posts by pfhtrad

Since Oxygen Bleach is out, what about vinegar and a vinegar/surfactant (like Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate) and a plain soap (Ivory flakes or the like)?  If I recall correctly, there is little difference between Woolite and detergent aside from the instructions (which are still no good).
Godd*mn slum lord owned the whole block, some guy out of NYC who keeps his buildings abandoned to drive up the potential price of his lots.  Cost of the demo for three buildings was officially listed at 10k when it should have been 250k+ to do it properly.   And, knocking the buildings down was meant to be an eyesore.  He was trying to leverage the city into letting him buy the firehouse three doors down and redevelop the 2 blocks he owned in the area.   People...
So, I was about half an hour from visiting this store when I got a call from my brother.  "Dude, the Salvation Army just collapsed"..."What???", "Your ok?"   They had a dozen what seemed like new Cafe Coton shirts and a BB Golden Fleece suit I was waiting to pick up.  The Coton shirts for an unemployed Navy buddy who is building his wardrobe and the BBGF to flip.   The rest of the day was anxious texts and phone calls from nearly all of my ex-girlfriends (now I...
Yesterday's find, cleaned an photographed.  But I don't know if its real -  there is a wavy line of stitching (not photographed) and there are square gold foil "corners" around the Gucci logo - just two points of sloppiness which are not allowing me to feel confident.   12.99 at Salvation Army, which makes me wonder if even they thought the loafers were fake.     [[SPOILER]] Any thoughts?
  By used, you mean "on himself"?
  Its been a day of firsts.   Firstly, Sarcasm must escape some people, particularly when it comes to a thrift store bragging thread and 2$ RLPL Made in Italy Wool Cargo Pants (It was half off day everything at the local private school thrift, so they would have otherwise been $4).  If that's Trolling behavior, Paint me Blue and Call me Baby.   Actually when I was in the store looking at these things, I could have almost cried as I'm a 34-35" and these are 30" waist. ...
Found some funny stuff today.   Ralph Lauren Cargo Pants...  Olivegreen but get this - made from wool and I think their fake because the label is purple.  Don't they use a Navy Blue background?   And there's this funny pair of pants.  It's got Scotch all along the inside band.  Says its an Amsterdam fashion brand.  Didn't know anything besides legal you-know-what comes from there.  Skinny things too.   But they were cheap at around 2$ a piece.  That and a...
Deets.   First, from the trash: [[SPOILER]]   On to the shoes:   Near new Florsheim burgundy wingtip, pre 1980 (linen lined) 9.5EEE   [[SPOILER]]     Alden 961/9.5 (C/E)/black   [[SPOILER]]     Alden 663/9 (C/E)/cordovan,burgundy   [[SPOILER]]     Vtg Footjoy Classics black longwing brogue loafers, 10EEE   [[SPOILER]]     Alden 971/9.5 (C/E)/black   [[SPOILER]]     Alden for BB 770/10.5 D/black (not the greatest shape, mock toe stitching coming undone)   [[SPOILER]]...
So, apparently when someone says "I found a ton of aldens" they get lots of mail.    Its been snowing so I've been washing, polishing and ironing some of the last few hauls.  No pics yet.   So, some deets:   Model/size (width)/color 663/9 (C/E)/cordovan 770/10.5 D/black (for brooks brothers, worst of them all) 961/9.5 (C/E)/black 660/9 (D/EE)/black 971/9.5 (C/E)/black   Also from the same haul: Near new (worn once condition) florsheim burgundy...
Normally, I visit the thrifts on the way to school in the morning.  But, I'm not in school and I'm still dropping by daily.  During the school year, I usually walk out empty handed or with one or two things.  This past week, daily visits, I've been spending on average $120 per day.  It's incredible.  Drowning in gently worn brooks brothers suits, Harris Tweeds and most recently a ton of Aldens (9-10 in E- EE).  I've had to pass on french copper cookware and Denon amps...