or Connect

Posts by jt10000

I expect to be buried in nice shoes, so I might as well sleep in them now.
    You sound like an ass.  If you wear suits like a second skin, keep wearing them. That's who you are. Let people know who you are. Flaunt your pens and watches. That's fair warning to them.
I think we'd need to know the color of the jacket.   Absent that, gray pants, white shirt works with almost anything.
"Is this this too far?"   No.
Seersucker suit, white dress shirt (or perhaps pink if you're really bold) and tie is a good "hi-pop" New England summer look.  The shirt can be button-down or straight collar.     No way should you wear a vest instead of a jacket to a wedding like this.
Done.   Hoping you will share results here.
  Why?
  This is a really good approach. NYC is a great place to buy clothes, so there's not need to stock up in advance.
  Clothes like I described or like in the picture you posted, but without the sweater (and tie).  Though perhaps the sweater would be OK if it's air-conditioned inside.
  Maybe I'm wrong about the ties - I haven't been in a class at NYU.  But just go with stuff like in your picture (many outfits - at least 4-5 dress shirts, 2-4 pants, 2-3 sweaters and a couple pairs of shoes. So you have a bunch of combinations. Maybe a couple polo shirts.   If you see other kids with ties, add them  - that's easy.  I wouldn't wear one the first few days at school. It'll also be hot in NYC in September.