or Connect

Posts by jt10000

My family lives on MV and I guarantee there will be people looking great in blazers at this wedding, and more appropriate for the wedding/venue than dark business-looking suits. Proper dress depends on context as much as "rules."   counterfugue - what you suggest is fine. A blue blazer would work fine too - w/o the captains hat and club patch you won't look to Thurston Howell (though I suspect some older gentlemen at the wedding will have that look and look great). If it...
 This is really good. The other way black pants can work is going for the full "arty/designer look" - with all blacks and grays expect perhaps for a very muted color shirt (gray, dull blue, or white).
 The instructions were to wear a suit?
This is not strange - this is a normal feature of good leather.
I'm not a high-end guy, and have gotten compliments on cheap suits (Uniqlo) I've had tailored and that fit well. By average people here in New York City.   Also got compliments on suit I now think looks not-so-good, so maybe the people I know don't know much. But still.....
    I think try Macy's too - it is possible to get suits there for $250, especially if you look for sales on their website.  Also Lands End (yes, I know the people here will mock me - but http://putthison.com/post/1201026741/a-basic-suit-a-few-people-have-asked-me-what-the   Four suits is a lot to buy at once - you could end up making a big mistake. I only have cheap suits ($200 to $500 so in your price range) and some I love (J Crew Aldridge, Uniqlo, Brooks Brothers) and...
 Actually, maybe not that much - he's limiting the comment to ironing rather than dissing that guy in general.  Generalizing from clothes to the value of the person as a whole would be douchey.
Yeah. It's a very informal shirt that *might* work with something light white or very pale tan linen pants, and perhaps even a suit of that color.   Skinny black tie with that = horrendous. Red or purple bow tie with that suit = clownish.
  Then they could decline the request politely for the reasons you specify - as the OP himself suggests. But saying " The information would mean nothing to you" is both obnoxious and possibly false.  How can they know the extent of the OP's knowledge of manufacturing?.
  WTF does that matter? If the guys in the shop were super-busy and couldn't help, they should indicate that an decline the request, not berate the OP.